Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to see what u guys think... Long story short took my car to get my A/F checked at a speed shop and he asked if i have changed anything and i told him i changed my MAF he asked if i got one for the size injectors i have which is 36lb and i told him no i just ran the parts # and thats the one i got... He told me that the new MAF would throw off my tune and he might have to tune it all over again??? I dont understand why that would mess it up:mad: Any ideas? Or just BS

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
of the maf is not calibrated for the injectors then it will not run right but as long as you bought a maf calibrated for 36lb injectors and the same size then he is giving you bs, but a smaller or larger diamater ould through it off, probly not by that much tho

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
What mods are done to the car?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Was the car previously tuned by him? If so then yes changing the MAF will throw the tune off because it will be a different MAF curve. If he's tuned the car then you shouldn't need a MAF calibrated for any size injectors, you set the injector size and parameters in the tune itself. If you're running a stock tune, then yes, you need a MAF calibrated for your size injectors or you will run very rich.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
thats why I was asking what mods, sounded to me stock but with a LOT of injector, do you have enough mods to justify those big squirters?

edit- Just re read your post, sounds like he has already tuned the car once, cause you said retune the car, and also sounds like you just changed the maf for the same one that was in it before, so you should not need to have the car retuned if that is the case, like mentioned above the injector parameters should be set in the tune.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes he had tuned it before and i just thought the cpu would change it but guess im wrong... And yes i have mods. Its supercharged, cammed, heads, can sit here for days etc... The MAF was bad, i just didnt think changing it would make a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes part # was the same i made sure to get the right one. I changed the sensor itself. I kept the 76 mm housing or whatever u want to call it.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
If that's the case then you should be fine. Sensors will vary from part to part, but not enough to throw your whole tune off. If you went with a completely different design and housing, then yes you will need a new tune, but in your case, I don't see a problem. I am just learning tuning, so take that for what it's worth.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
surprised a blower car runs with a c and l. Roomys car barely idled with one

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
had one in the first fox, untuned 347 c and l ran better. Boom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts