Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of performance gains can I see with a bigger MAF or is it not worth it for me?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
we just installed a C&L maf on doc's mach, it took to it great. i dont think there will be much more gain by going to something like a 90mm+.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It's definatly worth it. The C&L MAF coupled with the inlet pipe, gave me a nice noticeable gain.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of gain by just the MAF itself though?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not much of one. There is little to no gain by switching up to a 90mm MAF when the car is NA. The stock MAF (80mm I believe for mach's to) works best for NA but if you were to SC it or turbo it you would see a noticable difference with a 90mm+ MAF.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The Maf will give you a nice gain, especialy coupled with an inlet pipe, be it C&L or your JLT. You don't need the 90mm but the 85mm C&L is about perfect IMHO. Plus the flow of the C&L is alot better than the stock one. Here are the C&L dyno charts with the inlet pipe and MAF. The peak HP and TQ differences aren't that much but look at the increase it gives you in other parts of the rpm range (much more important to me).

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
unless you are pegging your MAF there is no reason to upgrade. if you just want a bigger housing, you also may be slowing down velocity too, which is what NA cars are all about.

you could get a 03 cobra MAF housing, and then just use your sensor, its a 90MM. but for the $75 your going to pay for a used 03 cobra MAF there are better things you could put that $75 towards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts