Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Never subscribed here, i just bought those with how-tos relating to my year off the stand. MM&FF, Mustang Monthly, and 5.0 Mustang mainly.

·
Qwik Enuff
773 Posts
They were a good source for learning how to install performance parts,learning about new products being sold & articles on specialty vehicles coming out like Saleens,Roush,etc but that was before the internet got hot.You can find all of that same info & more now that the web has taken over & its all free.I like to buy a couple issues of MM&FF magazine for good bathroom reading.lol. There's not alot of talk about the Foxbodys in the magazines anymore & that's the main reason I don't purchase yearly subscriptions anymore.I do enjoy looking at the full color pictures of the performance parts being sold though.I've got somewhere around 100 issues still lying around that I refer back to at times,for visual reference.If you're into the newer Mustangs,the magazines cater to them mostly,but if you're looking for Foxbody info,the web is the place to go.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
I've been getting motortrend every month for free for the last 3-4 years.

That's the only way I'll get a magazine subscription lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
I was a long time subscriber to 5.0 and Super Fords. They shut that down and started sending me MM&FF. I did not renew. Now I subscribe to nothing. I would consider Hot Rod and Car Craft. Car Craft loves super cheap effective builds over trailer queens and high dollar hoonmobiles.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
I've let a lot of my magazine subscriptions lapse. Used to get 5.0 Mustang and MM&FF, but I felt like MM&FF had more and more ads every year with the same amount of content, and both magazines just seem to feature lots of articles I don't have much interest in and/or are mostly newer gen cars. I remember 5.0 would have that article "how to buy your first mustang" or whatever it was that they would recycle twice a year, every year. Also used to get Hot Rod, and was getting Car Craft for awhile, some entertaining reading in there sometimes but I feel like they're always too chevy biased and just not a lot of real content.

I currently have Car & Driver because I got it off one of those discount mag sites for like $6 a year but I don't know if I'm going to renew it or not.

I feel like all the mags I get anymore, I read them once (probably in the bathroom) and then there's never anything else that I ever want to go back and look at more.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
How much is SCCA annually?
I signed up for the young driver membership last year which was only like $50 or something I think.

I don't qualify for that this year, I wanna say regular membership is $80.
It gets you cheaper prices for events though.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
The only Mistang magazine worth a damn is Mustang Monthly. They have mostly classic Mustangs though pre 73. Which is what I like anyway. All other Mustang Magazines are exactly what 69 said. They're nothing but garbage. Full of riced out shitty looking custom mustangs with lambo doors and ugly ass chicks hanging off the side of them. They're seriously so bad I haven't picked one up in years. I subscribe to Mustang Monthly and that's it for car mags. They don't have any of that bullshit. Although they have even become more ad oriented in recent years with the decline of people getting magazine subscriptions.

The only other magazine I subscribe to is Popular Mechanics. They usually have good articles, but the center of it is always like 10 pages of car reviews paid for by the manufacturer. Same **** every issue and I don't even read that section. I really don't give a **** about the new Nissan mom car or some Mercedes that costs 95 grand that will break down in 6000 miles and cost another 95 grand to fix it after you learn German just so you can order parts for the piece of ****.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts