Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you guys heard a rattle/Tingy sounds when you floor the car or give it half throttle? the sound im hearing is coming from the TIPS. F'K these tips. But im just wondering if you guys know what im talking about though and if any of you have fixed it. and i am pretty sure im not mistaking this sound for the Famous BLAAAATTTT a straight through muffler makes. I love my packs to death but i can't stand this tingy rattle sound they make everytime i put my foot to the floor. it's like the packs are so loud they just rattles the tips. If i went to double walled tips would this fix the problem?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
well my flowmaster had the same sound,but ti was the mufflers lol piece of crap
how the kickers and the cap doin bro

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the magnapacks too and I notice a rattle but it isn't constant. I don't know if it's just something loose under the car or what. I need to look into it further.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I had this problem, just make sure it's all tightened down and use locktite on the allen screw threads. Adjust the tips until they don't rattle.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I had this problem, just make sure it's all tightened down and use locktite on the allen screw threads. Adjust the tips until they don't rattle.
+987654321!!!!! It was annoyin the living **** outta me! lol put some locktite on the set screws that are on the tips that hold your adjustment and you'll never hear another rattle! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
sometimes the tubing rubs the frame. just loosen bolts, adjust, and re-tighten

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+987654321!!!!! It was annoyin the living **** outta me! lol put some locktite on the set screws that are on the tips that hold your adjustment and you'll never hear another rattle! :D
yeah i know what your saying. I already did that. thats a Different rattle then what im talking about haha. Already fixed that one.

The one im talking about is different. It's like if you kept taping the tips with a nail constantly, but only when i am at half throttle or full throttle at like 2000RPM.

The driver side was hitting the frame like bush said. so i fixed that side. But the passenger side is perfectly aligned so im not sure. Im just thinking these tips are too thin? i'll have to get under there tomorrow and examine this some more.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
in that case I have never heard the noise your describing...is it a leak?

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have them have no problem they made a tinging noise before i welded them to the mid pipe lol.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well i didn't know if you would use the cap or not but figured i would throw it in on the deal anyway,at least its not collecting dust at my house now lol
haha yeah. Well i wanted the cap anyways incase i ever wanted to run Both subs. but the 1 sub alone is more then enough from me.

damn guys, i thought more people would know exactly what im talking about. well i'll look into it more after work and see what i can report back. and no it's not a leak. maybe i can get a video, but not sure if the video will pick the announce im hearing

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
It shouldn't rattle if it's on there correctly. Just get under there and see where it's making the noise and get someone to rev the engine if you need to.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i didn't have a problem with mine for almost 4 yrs,then all of a sudden it started making same noise you talk about,it was the metal rod on tip causing the problem, the front side of rod was vibrating against front side of tip(input side of tip)you can either shorten rod a few inches or do what i did until you get time to shorten,just wedge something between rod and tip you'll see what i mean when you look at it from underneith,let me know if that works.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
No rattles here...

Just make sure everything is tight...

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you are hearing it at 2000 rpms and punching it...it could be spark rattle...detonation...you may need to tune or retune your car...

"ED"

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i didn't have a problem with mine for almost 4 yrs,then all of a sudden it started making same noise you talk about,it was the metal rod on tip causing the problem, the front side of rod was vibrating against front side of tip(input side of tip)you can either shorten rod a few inches or do what i did until you get time to shorten,just wedge something between rod and tip you'll see what i mean when you look at it from underneith,let me know if that works.
yeah man. i think it has something to do with that. I just cant see how it can move that much and be hitting the tip. But yes, if you were to take that rod and hit the tip 100 times a second that is the sound im talking about. How Short did you make it? I think this is the problem.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Oh yeah I cut my rods shorter too now that I think about it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts