Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So i'm super excited that my magnapacks came in today. but I do have 1 question. I had a flowmaster american thundercatbak system on when I bought the car. If the mufflers on that catback are clamped on (which i'm not sure if they are or not) Will the clamps just come off and the tubes come apart or is this something I should take to an exhaust shop? All I bought was the mufflers cause I already have stainless piping just not sure if I wanna do it myself or not...

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I have those in my car with stock everything else, I love them! with the windows up you can barely hear them from inside the car, but they are super loud.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts

So i'm super excited that my magnapacks came in today. but I do have 1 question. I had a flowmaster american thundercatbak system on when I bought the car. If the mufflers on that catback are clamped on (which i'm not sure if they are or not) Will the clamps just come off and the tubes come apart or is this something I should take to an exhaust shop? All I bought was the mufflers cause I already have stainless piping just not sure if I wanna do it myself or not...
Your gonna love them!!! :D

... Sent from right next to you ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I was super excited to see them come intoday. Unfortuantely i'll be running my stock midpipe for a while because my or/h needs a new fitting and the stock pipe needs a nut broken loose that I can not do myself. So it'll be a while before it gets loud and aggressive. But still i'm so impatient to get them installed! Lol.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Magnapacks :drool

What midpipe do you have?

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
I doubt they will work with your exhaust unless you get an exhaust place to install them. Most exhaust kits use offset inlet/outlet mufflers while the magnapacks are straight through design. My exhaust place made me new pipes to make mine fit.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
205 Posts
My own Question, Where did you order just the Magna's? Everywere I look I can only find the Catback, which I already purchased the American Thunder catback, and dislike.

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts
I got mine from summit

... Sent from right next to you ;)

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Definitely get an o/r X if you plan on swapping mid-pipes. I had the o/r with magnapacks, yes it was loud, but it sounded retarded above 2800rpm. The only thing good about it was the deep low idle. I swapped to Mac Lt's and an O/R X, and it sounded 3x better. It's loud as hell, but has a great tone to it.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yea, get an o/r x pipe. An x pipe will really make it scream up top

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
My o/r H and Magnapacks ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My own Question, Where did you order just the Magna's? Everywere I look I can only find the Catback, which I already purchased the American Thunder catback, and dislike.
I got mine off eBay for 125 shipped to my door for the pair. Not a bad deal for 62 bucks a muffler.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would love to get an or x but I don't have the cash for a new one. I bought an orh off of Craigslist for 60 bucks but the passenger side doesn't have that oval fitting so I can't install it yet. But I've been searching for a used or x for months and couldn't find one. So I bought the or h , but now I'm kinda regretting it.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
God damn, I want a set of magnapacks so bad

1 - 20 of 73 Posts