Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think it'd sound?? i've got the Magnapacks with my stock H-Pipe and im thinking of gutting the cats, not cutting but just removing everything out of them, ALL and ANY Information would be greatly appreciated!! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a buddy that did it and he regreted it immediately. Gave it a louder "raspy, popping" tone if you will and soundin like junk. Depends if you want loud or you want good tune i guess

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i have pypes catted x pipe with the magnapacks....its sounds awesome...brenspeed sells the midpipes pretty cheap..

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I had a buddy that did it and he regreted it immediately. Gave it a louder "raspy, popping" tone if you will and soundin like junk. Depends if you want loud or you want good tune i guess
i have no idea what kinda drugs ur on... but any o/r pipe will sound 1000000X better than the stock H

·
Registered
575 Posts
i have no idea what kinda drugs ur on... but any o/r pipe will sound 1000000X better than the stock H
I think you misunderstood him ? that exactly what he was trying to say. don't waste time gutting the factory stuff get an after market one with no cats.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
the stocker is heavy as f*&k!! and has 4 cats! i never understood why ford did that?

·
Registered
62 Posts

Even "Hardcore Enthusiasts" have trouble reading on here sometimes haha re-read it before you mouth off next time. Thanks bud!

Anyone with a 6th grade reading level would understand that I meant dont waste your time gutting the stock cats, its not worth it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Cocaine's a hell of a drug.........:eek:

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
How do you think it'd sound?? i've got the Magnapacks with my stock H-Pipe and im thinking of gutting the cats, not cutting but just removing everything out of them, ALL and ANY Information would be greatly appreciated!! :D
I think it would sound just like an o/r H with magnapacks.

BUT I dont htink the money it would cost you would be owrth it. BUy an o/r mid pipe and be done iwth it. You get better flow all around. Going from 2 1/4 in piping to 2 1/2in and no cats.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
woah newb... no need to flame me... sry i missread... and a gutted stock H pipe is still o/r :eek: so thats wat i was talking about... idk about you, but if i do exhaust, i'm doing it all... i wont settle for mild sounding 4 catted tone, even if it is raspier... an o/r and even a high flow cat is gonna sound much raspier compaired to the stock H.... :eek::eek:
I feel the exact same way. If you're going to spend the money to do something. Do it right the first time. You can buy a cheap H pipe for under $150.00 I'll spend that on dinner with my girl.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
well you have to consider o2 sensors and mil eliminators (which can be made with $10 bucks worth of tstuff from radio shack). So for an o/r H from mac is about $150 + 50 or so. o/r X will be about 30 bucks more depending on brand

·
Registered
312 Posts
i think it would be alot of trouble. You could try it since it would be alot cheaper, but if you bought the magnaflow o/r x it would sound BA. Thats the setup i have on.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
but tru x's are quite expensive. He never said anyhitng about his finances, but I always try to look for a good eal. For an o/r x Pypes has an amazing deal on theirs. O/r H mac i think has it

·
Registered
312 Posts
but tru x's are quite expensive. He never said anyhitng about his finances, but I always try to look for a good eal. For an o/r x Pypes has an amazing deal on theirs. O/r H mac i think has it
Yea theyre really expensive. mine was around 500 with 02 extension harnesses and mil eliminators. if money wasnt an issue or you could find one cheap id say go that route with the tru-x. If not than look for a deal. There are plenty of cheaper o/r's that sound good.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have an o/r h pipe with the o2 sensor bungs. It's a real nice piece, but I don't know what manufacturer it is. The guy I bought the car from put the current exhaust on the car. I was just wondering what maker it might be. I know for a fact that it is stainless steel. As is my whole exhaust, with the exception of my flowmaster mufflers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts