Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my engine build, using a windsor block. somehow misplaced my sidebolts/and the "dowel" or whatever the hell you call it (the piece that goes between the block and the main caps). anyone know if you can find these factory replacement? can't find them.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Hmmm, would figure ford would have the dowl pins. Try arp?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was wondering if they have them or not, i see mmr has the sidebolts for a windsor, but not sure if it comes with the bullet shaped dowels or not.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cant find it on their website though scott

·
Registered
670 Posts
I dropped 50+ bucks on some sidebolts from the dealership for mine. I thought about trying the local Fastenal to see if they could come up with somethin but figured it'd be best to get factory. Not sure what the dealership wants for the dowels but I bet it is pricey.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
the shop I just left has some laying around, prob sell them cheap cheap if you cant come up with anything, just a few days waitin on shipping

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone actually know what they are called? I'm sure dowel isn't the appropriate term but I can't figure on any other name.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if anyone has a set laying around they want to sell, lmk

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
believe they are called alignment pins

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
941 378 1630 ask for Matt, tell him Doug told you to call him about them. Im about sure he has a few sets laying around

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
call up modular mustang racing, they have ARP sidebolt kits and are very strong. if you have an aluminum windsor its part # 400025D if you have cast iron its part # 400025E

1 - 15 of 15 Posts