Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really need some help, ive spent days looking for this and i was wondering if its even out there

but is there a way to make ur convertible look like a hard top? i love putting the top down but i hate how it looks when the top is up, is there just like a roof of the car i can buy somewhere?

· Registered
455 Posts
just wait ... ford will come out with one eventually ... I've seen companies to their own modifications ... but I feel you ... I would buy a convertible only if it didn't have a rag top

· Just A Girl
18,746 Posts
I hear what you're saying - but the perks of having a vert far out way the cons...

If you are a true vert owner, you will only put the top up to lock it or protect it from weather. All other times, the top is down. ;)

Have you done any modifications to your car? Drawing attention to other parts of the car may be enough to get over it?? Thinking out loud here so I could be totally off base...but...

This doesn't look hot?

And gratuitous top down pic ;)

· Registered
2,016 Posts
You say you drive with your top down alot hey Mama ;). Well well :D

05-09 Stangs look great with the top up. One of the better ones out there. Hard top convertibles look goofy to me. Look at the Jetta, Sebring, G6, just to name a few. Never mind the waterleaks from seams not sealing properly. Sure you have a bit more road noise from a soft top. But looks way better.

· Just A Girl
18,746 Posts
ur car does match good, but my car is black with tan top...it doesnt seem to match to well
Nah - Black and Tan is a classic combo!

Have you done any other modifications to your car? Lower that bad boy and put some chrome and fatties on there....no one will even notice that top :D

You say you drive with your top down alot hey Mama ;). Well well :D

05-09 Stangs look great with the top up. One of the better ones out there. Hard top convertibles look goofy to me. Look at the Jetta, Sebring, G6, just to name a few. Never mind the waterleaks from seams not sealing properly. Sure you have a bit more road noise from a soft top. But looks way better.
Yes - My top is ALWAYS down. ;)

I agree - this body style looks awesome as a convertible.

· Registered
1,106 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually it was my first car, i bought it myself and for the price i got it and the amount of miles it had on it i had to get it to save a few grand, i love my car but i just think that black on black looks alot better than tan on black

· Premium Member
52,969 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well that smoothline company has that add on hardtop for 1994-2004 models...but thats it, they are working on ones for 2005+ models and it said it wuld be out summer or 09, but its past that so i dont know what the deal it

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all it is a top that fits perfectly on ur car when the top is down...looks just like a hardtop, i saw one of the older models and i couldnt tell the difference and u install it by simply tightening some bolts or something, seems pretty legit but they dont have it for my model yet so idk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.