Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really need some help, ive spent days looking for this and i was wondering if its even out there

but is there a way to make ur convertible look like a hard top? i love putting the top down but i hate how it looks when the top is up, is there just like a roof of the car i can buy somewhere?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
No, no bolt on solution. I have seen some companies that can make a hardtop convertible, but you lose the backseat and it is insanely expensive I'm guessing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
just wait ... ford will come out with one eventually ... I've seen companies to their own modifications ... but I feel you ... I would buy a convertible only if it didn't have a rag top

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
I hear what you're saying - but the perks of having a vert far out way the cons...

If you are a true vert owner, you will only put the top up to lock it or protect it from weather. All other times, the top is down. ;)

Have you done any modifications to your car? Drawing attention to other parts of the car may be enough to get over it?? Thinking out loud here so I could be totally off base...but...

This doesn't look hot?

And gratuitous top down pic ;)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You say you drive with your top down alot hey Mama ;). Well well :D

05-09 Stangs look great with the top up. One of the better ones out there. Hard top convertibles look goofy to me. Look at the Jetta, Sebring, G6, just to name a few. Never mind the waterleaks from seams not sealing properly. Sure you have a bit more road noise from a soft top. But looks way better.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
ur car does match good, but my car is black with tan top...it doesnt seem to match to well
Nah - Black and Tan is a classic combo!

Have you done any other modifications to your car? Lower that bad boy and put some chrome and fatties on there....no one will even notice that top :D

You say you drive with your top down alot hey Mama ;). Well well :D

05-09 Stangs look great with the top up. One of the better ones out there. Hard top convertibles look goofy to me. Look at the Jetta, Sebring, G6, just to name a few. Never mind the waterleaks from seams not sealing properly. Sure you have a bit more road noise from a soft top. But looks way better.
Yes - My top is ALWAYS down. ;)

I agree - this body style looks awesome as a convertible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually it was my first car, i bought it myself and for the price i got it and the amount of miles it had on it i had to get it to save a few grand, i love my car but i just think that black on black looks alot better than tan on black

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well that smoothline company has that add on hardtop for 1994-2004 models...but thats it, they are working on ones for 2005+ models and it said it wuld be out summer or 09, but its past that so i dont know what the deal it

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Looks like it'd be difficult to get on and off....does it fold up and stow inside or do you have to take it off, store it some where and put it back on later?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all it is a top that fits perfectly on ur car when the top is down...looks just like a hardtop, i saw one of the older models and i couldnt tell the difference and u install it by simply tightening some bolts or something, seems pretty legit but they dont have it for my model yet so idk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts