Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone make one for me for my windstar swap? I have no way of making one. That and the vacuum hoses are all I need to get this put on... Anyone?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Do you have a template of what needs to be made? If you car was here we'd whip one up but without it here itll be hard to explain what exactly needs done..

Also, VAPauto isnt selling entire kits any longer but he is still offering bn misc parts.. He is even advertising a new and improved throttle cable bracket.. Head on oved there and check it out buddy..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check the code today if I can.
And last time I was on VAP he never answered me about it but I have no idea where to look for a template but I will look around and see if I can find one.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Color code is BZ. Which is chrome yellow. To me it looks more like zinc yellow but they only started making zinc in 2000.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah there is a gt around here that is zinc yellow and I don't like it. I must've gotten them confused. I can find a pic of one today could u make it pretty easily? That would help alot. That's all I need basically

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
658 Posts
its not that hard. the exception is having someone build it for you with out having your car right there for the measurements. we could make one for you and then it would be off and you will have slack or to much tension in the cable.
what i did.
get a piece of cardboard...make a mock up of what you need.
put in the mounting holes and have someone hold the cable for you to measure where the cable needs to be held. it may take a couple of tries.
then with that cardboard see if you can find a piece of metal (home depot) and use a drill to make the correct holes.
do you have a vocational school near you? or even local highschool?
if they have a metal fab class, they might help you just for cost of materials.

i would love to help you but i am afraid that without having hands on with the car it would waste your time. it took me a couple of mock ups to get mine just right.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Warthog just said it.. Itd be simple to make tho.. I could cut it out of sheet or plate w my plasma cutter and smooth it all out but its inevitable the measurements WILL be off..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was afraid of that lol. So I'll need to put the windstar on my car before? Bc I was going To do it all at once.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would you be able to make one for me and I can modify it if I need to?

·
Registered
658 Posts
what you can do is go to home depot...get a length of two inch wide steel or alum ( i would use aluminum) and mount your oem bracket on it by drilling two hole in it and the alum and use some small bolts and lock nuts to combine the two. then have a help setting the position you will need with a piece of card board for a mock up. make sure it works then transfer those holes to the part you just made.then bolt it up. easiest way i can think for you to do it. get 2"x2' piece...in case you need to do it twice.
all you will need to do this is a drill and a hacksaw.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts