Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So once again I have changed my mind lol. Trying to sell my tokico struts/shocks combo because I'm wanting to get the illuminas once again. I have been looking into coilovers, a arms, and k members for days now. My goal is street strip like usually. I think a 12" 200 spring would suit me way Bette up front than the 14" 175. Like I had previously, I heard that setup is more race dedicated. Also if anyone prefers brands or had any opinions on that it would be helpful. As far as tubular k member and a arms I am trying to decide between aje and team z. Help me out!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Team Z or Maximum Motorsports. MM k member is beefy and will hold up to street abuse.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I. Have only seen positive things said of those 2 companies. Gonna be a price decision or deal I find.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
MM for rear suspension

Team Z for front suspension

both fantastic companys. thats just the route i would take. however neither company will steer you in the wrong direction.

dont forget about Strange engineering since your in illinois, theyre about a couple miles from my house idk about you.

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
I have a team z k, a arms, and co's.. love everything except the coil overs, I have a 14/150 spring rate and I absolutely hate it. I need something stiffer for sure.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Are you wanting a drag set-up that is livable on the street? If are you wanting something to carve corners and work at the strip it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
MM for rear suspension

Team Z for front suspension

both fantastic companys. thats just the route i would take. however neither company will steer you in the wrong direction.

dont forget about Strange engineering since your in illinois, theyre about a couple miles from my house idk about you.
I'd do the opposite. MM doesnt really offer much for a rear drag oriented suspension other than lowers, which i currently have. I'd do the TeamZ relocated uppers and their lowers in the rear and MM front end if the car is mostly driven on the street. Team Z all the way around if more drag oriented. Not a fan of Strange suspension. Their stuff is noisy.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'd do the opposite. MM doesnt really offer much for a rear drag oriented suspension other than lowers, which i currently have. I'd do the TeamZ relocated uppers and their lowers in the rear and MM front end if the car is mostly driven on the street. Team Z all the way around if more drag oriented. Not a fan of Strange suspension. Their stuff is noisy.
only reason im saying team z front is to save OP some cash lol of coarse the MM k-member would be optimal but for the price of a MM k-member you can get a whole lot of front suspension from team z, but hey if you got the cash go MM thats top quality sh** right there.

MM lower control arms, panhard bar, and sub frames would do wonders at the track for a mild rear suspension set-up and for a reasonable price im sure team z would also do just the same........i personally wouldnt even bother with the UCAs, spend your hard earned cash elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am wanting a mostly dd car but goes to the track 2-4 times in a year lol maybe more. I just sold my struts/shocks so I'm going to get my front coilover suspension started. Getting the illuminas. I have seen that fox struts are optimal for this application because they are a bit shorter. What do u guys think. And team z is what I'm gonna go with I believe. Ill look into mm coilover kit and see wht I'm looking at lol.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I personally went with upr. There is absolutely nothing wrong with their products. I have 210# coilovers, lakewood 90/10 struts and strange 10 way shocks with a drag bag. Everything else is upr. Havent had a problem with any of it yet and it obviously helped out a ton n/a. We will see what it handles like with a little bit of power here this spring.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I am wanting a mostly dd car but goes to the track 2-4 times in a year lol maybe more. I just sold my struts/shocks so I'm going to get my front coilover suspension started. Getting the illuminas. I have seen that fox struts are optimal for this application because they are a bit shorter. What do u guys think. And team z is what I'm gonna go with I believe. Ill look into mm coilover kit and see wht I'm looking at lol.
I run Fox struts and shocks on mine for the shorter length, they work.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
For mostly street use I'd be keeping the stock k-member or going with MM, that's just my opinion though, I think a tubular k is only good for 20lbs, which isn't worth it IMO.
Team Z and AJE products are good quality, but I'd stay away from UPR personally. Between the two I'd go with Team Z, as well they make great rear suspension components.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I run Team Z and love it! Im buy from them again no doubt. MM is beefy which is heavier too. Why MM for rear suspension? Baseline and Team Z for that as well for drag. I run 12" 200lbs springs for the street/strip and they work well. I am want to switch to a 14" 150 or 175 though.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have noticed so many people complain about upr as well as want qa1. I think this is what I'm going to be looking at. Team z tubular a arms & k member. Mm coilover or team z with 12" 200 spring. Is there any little extra things I need with this since I'm buying things separate?

And I'm doing this as a challenge, a dick head we use to be friends with really upset me with the things he said. Made me feel worthless as a person and with my car. So I'm bout to step my game up.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
And I'm doing this as a challenge, a dick head we use to be friends with really upset me with the things he said. Made me feel worthless as a person and with my car. So I'm bout to step my game up.
Best way to deal with that is do ABSOLUTELY nothing with the car and forget that person exists. Doing something to prove a point is just playing into his hands.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
your doing suspension bc of a dickhead? **** that. That dick head on STL Mustangs?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts