Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was going great until I went out to "enjoy my car" at lunch. Went to the bank - the teller says "Great day for the top down huh?" We exchanged polite conversation then I noticed a very elderly lady in the passenger seat of the car next to me at the ATM machine. She was just staring at my car with this forlorn look and a faint smile. I could almost see into thoughts - "how much fun it was to take the convertible to the drive in on Friday night with Bobby. Oh he was such a nice young man. I wonder what ever happened to him. What I wouldn't give to have one more night out in a fast car. *sigh*" :rolleyes:

So then I made my way to the restaurant. I had been craving this grilled chicken salad all morning. Driving down the by-pass, I could hear the roar of my new Bassani x-pipes...just wondering if anyone else was enjoying that sound as much as I was!

When I arrived to get my salad, I stood in line behind a couple who were chit chatting about nothing. I noticed she had on some really horrible Calvin Klein jeans and really old Calvin Klein sunglasses. She was talking to the man she was with and he was kind of staring at her with a smile...as if he was thinking - "I wish she would shut up...for just one second!"

Just as I approached the counter to order, I realized I had forgotten my wallet. So I returned to the car. Maybe it fell out of my purse onto the floor when my car lurched at on the last green light. Nope - not there!

So I hopped in the car to return to work. Now, I am still trying to get used to the way you have to touch the pedal with much less power to get this machine to move thanks to the new C&L intake. And I was also frustrated about not getting my yummy salad. Frustrated enough to not notice the concrete curb in front of the car. And the C&L gave it enough power that when I hit the accelerator - it literally launched me over the curb!

There I sat - "HOLY $#!T!!!" I said....A large group of middle aged folks walked out of the door just as I made this huge blunder. And I heard a collective gasp from all of them. One of the men said "That's not good." "No...it's not is it?"

He was a nice guy - walked over and told me just to go ahead and back up. So i did...and heard another horrible crunchy scraping sound as the skirting pulled away from the right fender.

"You're alright - I don't think you did any major damage!" We both got down and looked at it together. Just broke a plastic rivet and scraped the bottom of the skirting, of course.

So I picked up the rivet and what was left of my pride and hopped back in the Mustang. Back to work - maybe they'll have a premade salad I can grab and eat at my desk now that my lunch break is OVER!

They had 1 salad left, so I grabbed it, paid for it and returned to my desk. Then I saw it - a gnat. Inside the salad. :eek: And the chicken was fried! Man!

I did manage to get quite a bit of work done today and had a few people want to go to the parking lot to peak at the new toys. Which was fun...but I'm so freaking tired...think I'm going to go crawl into my jammies and get some sleep.

Here's to a better day tomorrow - and a Friday to boot!

CHEERS! :drink

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt!

I think it's okay - there was the top little plastic bolt thingy that busted but there were no visible scratches on the sides or anything - I'm sure there was something on the underside but I'm not looking to win a blue ribbon at the fair or anything. ;)

Better day today!

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's usually bad karma to complain on a Friday. :)

Think I'm gonna hit the sack...hope everyone has a super weekend!

·
Registered
218 Posts
sry bout ur bad day.... I too f.up my front chin deal under the bumper when my car FELL OFF THE JACK! yeah i know but it didnt hurt any paint. take care....

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man...I call them battle scars. My 88 was in pristine condition when I sold her - never drove that car...2 days after I sold it, the new owner totaled. Vowed I'd enjoy whatever ride I had...no more sitting in the garage under a car cover and these are just the kind of things that happen to our DD's. :)

·
Registered
980 Posts
Were you parked in one of those parking lots where a car can park right in front of you, facing you, and a cinder block is between both of them? Same thing happened to me. I didn't notice the block, so I went over it, and cracked my front right mud guard on my Bullitt :(.

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really but kinda - the whole parking lot is like that except for the row in front of the building. But the row in front of the building extends past the end of the building by 1 spot. So, being able to see ahead of me, I didn't figure they'd put a block there - but they did. DUMMY ME for thinking they would do something intelligent like save $50 and not put a stop there. LOL

Sucks - hurts the car a little - hurts your pride more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts