Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i get my car back today and man wtf.. first my hood has some marks that need to be repainted and to believe the guy cut the cable that connect to the hood pins.. he said so it wont scratch the paint but it has a barrier around the cable so it wont scratch the paint.. so i have hood pins and everything without the cable so now i have to take the pins off when i get off the car.. plus my stripes have bubbles everywhere.. its not a big deal but man i guess after waiting for 4 weeks would expect a whole lot more than this.. **** it insurance paid for it but still wtf lol but the stripes do look nice.. just need to replace them with matte black now oh well

Attachments

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I agree he should have asked before cutting the cables, but they will eventually scuff the paint, especially on a darker car. Vinyl stripes are for the most part going to piss you off sooner or later. Sorry you are unhappy...I know how you feel. Try a very fine needle on the bubbles. First, try to work the bubbles into one area and pop them. Use a hair dryer to get them warmed up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I find that a lot of shops butcher cars because they don't care about precision and being careful with things - they just want to to do the job fast, and finish the car.

Kind of a shame :\ Sorry to hear about the problems, hopefully you get everything fixed up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea thats what im doing but its kinda cold outside so its gonna be moisture in the air and the garage is packed with junk just a rough day but on the brightside its gonna get touched up on the paint and the vinyl can be redone on a better day so you think i should keep the cable off in that case

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ghst thats exactly what i was trying to say to the guy.. i mean i showed up about twice a week to check on the car and the progress and he even said sorry for it being a long time and i said probably like 3 times i dont mind being patient i rather it be right than wrong.. it does look aggressive though hehe

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I would get a hold of your insurance company and let them know that you are completely unhappy with the work done on your car. What a hack job. I would demand that it be redone. How do you get those bubbles on a flat surface so close to the edge. I would have been embarrassed to return a car like that to a customer.

And maybe it's just the angle, but that hood doesn't look like it's even lined up properly.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I mentioned that and said it was the fiberglass I was like what your kidding.. idk much about body work but they can realign that.. on the passenger side its fine but the driver side on the very front where the headlight is tocthe fender you can see it rise.. just a mad headache

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thing is that I am taking it back for it to get fixef but man just really unhappy with how it turned out.. I like the style and everything and was looking forward to it but they ****ed it up..

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
That is unnaceptable. I would take it back and tell them its not leaving till its fixed right.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
If its a quality hood, a good body shop can make it fit. It looks like its sitting to high on the driver's side. Do the stripes yourself. If you apply them with a soapy spray bottle and credit card, they will look 10x better than what that guy did. They also look like they are slanted the wrong way, buy I could be wrong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kohrs yea I'm taking back on monday since it is my dd and I won't be able to get a car till then.. shelbydog well the hood is from bmcextremecustoms. So I'm sure its good or hope so.. I guess we will find out.. I'm gonna call bmc and ask a couple questions oh and the stripes are right.. they are chevron stripes by saleen.. check out 2011 saleen mustang

·
gtscrewd
5,229 Posts
That's bullshit about cutting the cables the cables should have a plastic coating on them no scratches here.that guys a hack call the insurance company they should help You out

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
yeah i would tell him to fix it right or you are telling the insurance company that they did a **** job... then he will be afraid the insurance company will come back at them.. i would have flipped ****...lol, sweet hood though, doesnt matter the hood quality, if they are a half way decent shop they will MAKE it look good.

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
You have to sign the insurance check over. You hold all the cards. Tell them to fix it, and if they refuse, tell them you're not signing ****.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea just wish these guys couldve gotten it done the first time to make both of our lives easier.. but probably be another week.. but I still like the way it looks jusy minor things but she's still a beauty in my eyes lol

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I just deal with assholes and people like this all the time and it just seems to be the American way now.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just read this really quick but still want to make a couple points

1) Never apply stripes to a newly painted surface. Especially wide stripes. It needs time of off-gas
2) If bubbles appear right after applying them decals, wait for a few weeks for them to dissolve on their own. Those little pin pricks are going to show after awhile

·
Registered
188 Posts
beerhunter is right on the money, never install strips on fresh paint. They should know better. I would fight to go else where to have the job done right.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts