Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys Im new here and made a profile pretty much just to ask this question. I have a friend whos talking crap because he got a 2004 350z bone stock and I have a 99 mustang gt with full headerbacsk flowmaster 40s, a stage 2 clutch and BBK CAI and wanted to know if I should be able to beat him from a start and/or from a roll. He's always bragging about how he has tiptronic and its the same as manual and how he got the better car. Just wanted some opinions and answers. thanks.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
itll be close

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hey Guys Im new here and made a profile pretty much just to ask this question. I have a friend whos talking crap because he got a 2004 350z bone stock and I have a 99 mustang gt with full headerbacsk flowmaster 40s, a stage 2 clutch and BBK CAI and wanted to know if I should be able to beat him from a start and/or from a roll. He's always bragging about how he has tiptronic and its the same as manual and how he got the better car. Just wanted some opinions and answers. thanks.
well handling wise he does have a better car yet he only has 287hp m 256tq iirc stock if u suck at driving you should still win :gayfight2:

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Idle Air Control valve.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'd think you take him. But i'm sure if you posted this question on a 350z forum, they would say otherwise. lol.

Let us know the results.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah handling wise I know he has the better car I just meant pretty much a straight drag or from a red light. and true I should post the question on a 350 forum just to see what they say haha. but to 1_nice_03_gt I believe that year has 300hp stock

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
If the Z was a manual I'd be putting my money on him, but I'm not sure how doggy those Nissan automatics are.

I'd still put my $5 on the Z, but I wouldn't be surprised to lose it.

I believe that year has 300hp stock
That didn't start until they released the VQ35DE-HRs, which wasn't until '07 or '08. '04 is the normal VQ35DE.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
yeah handling wise I know he has the better car I just meant pretty much a straight drag or from a red light. and true I should post the question on a 350 forum just to see what they say haha. but to 1_nice_03_gt I believe that year has 300hp stock
its 287hp so like 230rwhp
they didnt change hp till 07
you'll get him bc of the torque we got over his

oh true sorry i stand corrected. if he uses his tiptronic does it give him more of an advantage?
no its more sluggish, since its still an auto more heavy, its like an older bug with an auto stick lol

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
350z is low on torque. You will get him from the line easy. I raced my buddy's 2003 350z automatic back when my car only had a catback and K&N filter. I let off around 70mph and he was way far in my rear view mirror. When I hit 2nd gear I started pulling on him big time and my guess is he let off once I was ahead.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
oh true sorry i stand corrected. if he uses his tiptronic does it give him more of an advantage?
Not at all. If anything, he'll be faster just letting the car shift itself, as he'll likely take it past the optimal shift points.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do the 40s and BBK CAI even really make a difference for me or would it matter if it was stock vs stock

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
no difference basic only added 5hp

1 - 20 of 43 Posts