Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a few questions about putting a manual valve body in a gt

- what are some good brands to get?
- will it destroy my tranny when downshifting while driving?
- anybody have any experience with them?

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
i really wouldn't worry about a manual valve body dude, just get a new convertor and a upgraded valve body. its a auto man, no need to try to make a manual to be cool. Get what works dude.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
For drag racing, a manual valve body is amazing. I have one in my '71 Demon and I really like it. It's not the fact that you're trying to make it like a manual... well to a point you are. That way you ALWAYS have control over the shift points and you don't have to worry about shoving the stick to far and hitting neutral or reverse (Mustangs probably can't go into reverse, but my demon could go from drive to reverse).

If I were drag racing, probably look into one. If not, just do what whitestang said

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i really like the idea of a manual valve body but my car is gonna be mostly a street car and the occasional strip trip ha so what do you guys suggest and whats an upgraded valve body im new to this

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
yea i really like the idea of a manual valve body but my car is gonna be mostly a street car and the occasional strip trip ha so what do you guys suggest and whats an upgraded valve body im new to this
An upgraded valve body would be kinda like buying a valve body with a shift kit already installed...which is a waste considering you can buy a shift kit for a portion of the price, and take only about 10-15 more min to install it.

I agree with what everyone else said though id get a shift kit, converter, and a cooler.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright yea sounds like i am back to my original plan lol which is the converter, shift kit, cooler, and dynotune cause im saving now for F/I

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any brands you guys would recommend for converter, shift kit, and cooler

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
tci converters are supposed to be good

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea so far thats what i have been looking at

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have Hughes 3000RPM stall converter, TransGo HD2 shift kit and 18" Tranny cooler... Me likey......
oh damn nice setup was there a huge difference in performance

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hows the stall

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im looking for stronger and faster shirts and a higher stall so i can launch the car better and also so it doesnt have those slow ass shifts anymore

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
tuner shift kits for you shift..

a 3.5k MULTI DISC stall will get u off the line Pecision Industries---check them out sir

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
i have a manual valve body.. and they only reason i did it is so i can have fun with the transbrake... plus i got a good deal on it for only 500 bucks... but if its your daily and mine is not the shifting gets old fast since i have to shift it and also have switchs to flip after i get into drive.. 1 is for lock up and the other is for overdrive...i only drive my car on the weekends or 1 day during the week if its a nice day and i feel like going play on the streets.. but if you are just wanting firmer shifts... just get a tune and you will be just fine no need for shift kit. but i really do love have a transbrake even though i cant use it on the street lol...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts