Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay would 99-04 gt longtubes work on a 94 mark 8 engine? and also i was wondering if the intake manifold and supercharger from an 03-04 cobra would also work because i could get a killer deal from work and both of those and im kinda anxious to know lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the headers wouln't work, as to the intake we'll let the 4v guys give you a defenate answer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
the 03-04 intake and supercharger will not work on a mark 8 motor. the mark 8 has different heads than an 03 cobra.

·
Registered
463 Posts
you would have to swap the cylinder heads to make this work and the rods in the mark motor would not last long with the additional horsepower

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pretty much any 96-04 DOHC longtubes. I cheaped out and bought Flowtechs, but some say they have fitment issues. the engine was out of car when installed, so it was not a problem for me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
if you buy an aviator motor, you could use the 03-04 cobra intake and supercharger. the mark 8s had b heads (also 96-98 cobras) and the 99-04 cobras and the aviators had c heads.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
the headers are not going to work as previously stated. as for the blower and lower intake, if you can get a good deal on it, its worth holding on to for a rainy day lol. sure there are alot of other parts to collect to make the swap (C heads and ALOT of other little dumb parts) but it could be done on the cheap with the right hunting skills and patience.

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
how much is a viii motor worth? i've got one if i remember right its a 94 and it has 55xxx miles on it (have whole car)
its all gonna depend on the guy doing the buying. i got my motor (1998 Mark VIII w/~43,xxx) for $400. complete motor without the wiring harness and such.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its all gonna depend on the guy doing the buying. i got my motor (1998 Mark VIII w/~43,xxx) for $400. complete motor without the wiring harness and such.
Same as mine dude! I've been thinking about c heads because I can also get those for a good price because I would like to put that eaton on it lol but I don't know, do you think 800 for the heads cams and all is a good price?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a full mark viii for $550. Drove it for a year. Pulled motor, trans, D/S, and other things i could sell. Placed an ad on craigslist that people had one day to come buy any parts they needed, then i would be taking it to the scrapyard.

I got:

$300 for random parts people pulled from it
$100 for driveshaft
$120 for catalytic converters
$50 for air ride compressor
~$120 for misc parts
$380 for carcass at pic a part

And I still have transmission and a few other parts to sell. Should be wrapping up my swap in next couple weeks. Didn't do too bad.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I just bought the engine and the trans came with it for 450 so I didn't do to bad I would think

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
I just have one more question...what should I do about the imrc?
Use a rpm-activated switch to operate them (MSD P/N 8950 is one example).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts