Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the midst of jewing with a guy thats has a 1995 mark viii, and im trying to convince him to sell me the motor. whats a good price for strong running 4.6L DOHC motor with 120xxx miles (mileage doesnt matter to me because i will be building the bottom end anyways)

Also, what would it take for me to put it into my gt?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
theres a guy selling a whole car local to me for 1300 (with 75k miles), if i had the extra cash and space i'd have bought it real quick. i'd say somewhere around that price sounds fair.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Id say it kinda depends on the area, supply/demand etc. Once in awhile I see complete engines with aluminum blocks, 4v, etc going for $400-500 locally on craigslist, on the other hand ive seen some on forums going for way more.

Id check ebay, craigslist, etc,etc in your area and see what theyre selling for then go from there.

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, i told him i could find just the motor for around the 350 mark. and that if he's anywhere close to that i would def buy it. so he told me he would do some calculating and see if he can do that price, never replied yet tho? hahah

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
what would you do with your sb?

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
idk yet, i keep thinking that i should just build a built 4v motor. but then i start thinking about just putting some 11.1:1 pistons in my car.or i've considered just buying cobra heads and putting them on my built sb. or i've thought about just selling the car lmfao

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
just throw the 4v heads on ur built sb

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
plus 1 on Boostang. your block is build and an iron block is strong. 4v heads swap and be done!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
if you wnat high compression then get flats and swap out with waht pistons u have now

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how big of deal would it be to swap 4v heads onto my built bottom end? all i would need is the new timing, heads, cams, valve covers? would my intake work?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
intake will not fit. will also need coil packs/wiring/ computer(assuming B heads) exhaust,throttle cables etc. it is not as bad as it sounds, just $$$ and tedious

I am leaning real hard toward C heads my self since i want to upgrade my KB anyway. 4v ftw if you can swing it

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
mark viii use plug wires, not cops. But yeah prettymuch everything else limited said :)

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so in otherwords. most of my aftermarket parts would not fit. haha that kinda makes my decision easier haha... sounds like i will be going with 11:1 compression on a patriot stage 2 head, with perhaps a port and polish job on them.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I said coil packs, not cops
haha, I fail at life. I figured you knew what you were talking about and just misspoke, but it looks like I can't read!

I'm looking at doing the same type of swap from a mark viii, and from what I've gathered it's either all or nothin on the top end of the motor.

2v would be cheaper, but 4v would be so damn nice!

·
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i've already got a fully built 2v, cept im only running 9.5:1 compession because when i built it i was going to centri supercharge it. but now i've some what reconsidered and wouldnt mind upping the cr in the motor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts