Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well from what i read so far i know my mustang is ****ed when it comes to get it inspected in maryland unless someone has a catted h-pipe for longtubes near me. But how is everything else for other vehicles. How often does it get inspected? Do i have to do a emissions test on all my vehicles? Just trying to find out what info i can before i move so i know what to prepare for and how much money i need to save.

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
they are really strict on the inspection because they only inspect once. everything has to be perfect. but again it is only one time and its over. and emissions is every 2 years.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yes, what he said. strict but once every 2 years. There strict about everything around here tho. What area you moving to?

·
Registered
748 Posts
emmissions are every 2years. they have the right to put you on the rollers (i have been in my v6 2000--sniif and scan were in conclusive).
otherwise its 85 and newer rollers and sniff (i believe)
and its 96 and newer are obd2 so they snif and scan.

not all emmisions station attendants know what they are doing, so some will try to put you on the rollers and some wont bother. just tell them you're lowered and you wont fit, they may want to try but tell them theyll pay for what they damage, and they wont bother or risk it really.

couple buddies are lowered with springs and some with coilovers and some have headers, some are imports and some are domestics, they havent had a problem with going to the managers office of w.e. station immediately and saying i wont fit over the rollers, im low, too low and i will drag if its attempted.

inspections are very strict. state police just came in and cracked down on how they are done. some of the troopers that run multiple staions i believe were let go, bc they had a new guy with the head trooper in our shop last week. and everythignhad to be done by the book, no shortcuts, no passing something that should fail, etc. (however something like lhead lights that are full of water apparently pass....per our inspector...he was told by the trooper that you pass the car, him and i would have said no).

give me a list of mods one to your car.....i will talk to my buddy, a state inspector and see what he says in regards to it passing or if youd have trouble. never pay off an inspector, bc you never know if the trooper is there. you can get away with paying off the emmisions if you have to, but no one i know has had to pay them off in addition to the emissions fees ($14)

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i doubt my car will even come close to passing, i have longtubes, no cats and dumps. That right there will probrably fail me plus i have a 5 inch cowl. So i am pretty much guaranteed to never have my car on the road in maryland. I can put my stock hood on thats all jacked up and maybe have chance of putting a cat back on with tail pipes even though i have a v6 bumper, but i doubt anyone has a catted pipe for longtubes in the area to let me use. I might just try to keep it registered in va or something.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
what area you moving to?

·
Registered
748 Posts
you'll be down the street form the harley davidson and business complex and 2 truck depots. **** straight down RT1 and you'll be in college park, excellent food and hookah bar in the town.

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
hey you know what?! our governor is insane look out!!! i didn't vote for him

1 - 11 of 11 Posts