Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 GT with all the bolt ons besides headers and a blower. I put on 24LB injectors and put on a C & L Mass air tube with a 24lb calibration tube. I have a SCT livewire that lets me change the injector size on the preloaded tune. Before i updated the livewire to do that it was running rough because I hadn't tune it for them. I changed the tune and is missing at idle and no other time. I have a Dyno date for April 29th. Are the 24lbs overkill? Do you think I Fouled a Plug? I have iridium plugs in it. please give me your ideas

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys. No one has anything?

·
Registered
941 Posts
With the sct software you don't need the MAF with a larger sample tube for the injectors. You can run your factory MAF and program the ecm to regulate for the injector size the the sct software. With the C&L MAF and changing the settings you are loading it with to much fuel.

Best I can guess without datalog.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i always thought you needed to change the mass calibration tube when you upgrade injectors? WHY IN THE **** WOULD THEY MAKE CALIBRATION TUBES IF YOU DIDN'T NEED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish i knew this before i got that C&L MAF tube

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK at least i know now. I guess thats why im here is too learn more. I guess Ill sell the MAF tube and calibrations to my buddy.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
that was back in the day with the OBDI cars that u couldnt use a hand held and what not to change injector size
+1 If you use the sample tube you should not change the values with the tuner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts