Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I know I have seen Adam from adams polishes use it in a video I am sure it works ok. I am going to replace my craftsman blower with either a metro vac and blow to get the use of the vacuum or a Chemical Guys blower.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use my Echo backpack leaf blower now but it would be kind of nice to be able to use this late at night and inside of my garage without issues. I'm just worried about how well it works.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I use my Echo backpack leaf blower now but it would be kind of nice to be able to use this late at night and inside of my garage without issues. I'm just worried about how well it works.
I used to use my gas power stil back pack blower but the oil and gas mix when burned would leave a residue on my paint, so I switched to using a craftsman electric blower but it works only ok since its an old one. This is also why I need to upgrade as well.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see a lot of people complain about that but I guess I've been lucky because I don't ever have any sort of residue.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I think I am going to get the Chemical guys blower since its a bit smaller than the regular electric blowers.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
What makes those any better than using one of these?

Homelite 150 mph 120 CFM Electric Blower/Sweeper - UT42100 at The Home Depot

I'm genuinely curious why these "designer" blowers are better instead of using a standard 150mph plus leaf blower?
Some work better than the regular electric blowers by shooting out more air and some will even heat up the air. But to be honest with you I'm just tired using my old craftsman one with the long ass nose. I rather have something a little smaller that I can get closer the the car with and works better than what I have now.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Some work better than the regular electric blowers by shooting out more air and some will even heat up the air. But to be honest with you I'm just tired using my old craftsman one with the long ass nose. I rather have something a little smaller that I can get closer the the car with and works better than what I have now.
Definitely understandable. :)

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What makes those any better than using one of these?

I'm genuinely curious why these "designer" blowers are better instead of using a standard 150mph plus leaf blower?
That's why I just posted that Toro. ;)

On a side note, 150 mph isn't enough in my opinion.

Well you could always cut the nozzle down. I was planning on doing so if I bought the Toro that I just posted.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
What speed do you think is best? I have this terrible image of using a 200mph blower to dry my car and have my hood scoop or side scoops go flying. :(

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
HAAHAHAHAHA noco, i was thinking the same thing.

im using my old Craftsman too, BUT ITS LOUD AS HELL, and almost hurt my ears.
i wonder if that toro would be quiet?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought a battery powered Ryobi today to try out because it was light. It has a speed of 120 mph, it doesn't list how much air it moves though. It didn't work so I'll be returning it.

What speed do you think is best? I have this terrible image of using a 200mph blower to dry my car and have my hood scoop or side scoops go flying. :(
There's no reason why a 200+ mph blower would cause body parts to fly off. Otherwise they would be flying off as you went down the highway.

im using my old Craftsman too, BUT ITS LOUD AS HELL, and almost hurt my ears.
i wonder if that toro would be quiet?
Don't be a girly man.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I have used the vac and blow from metro. I really liked it, and plan on buying it.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
hahahahha, Nasty, :lmao
i mean, it literally almost hurts to use it's so high pitched.

that, and i feel bad when i use it for 15 minutes straight in OC cause houses are RIGHT ON TO OF EACH OTHER.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have used the vac and blow from metro. I really liked it, and plan on buying it.
Which one? The 4 hp one?? How was it? Did it remove water quickly?

hahahahha, Nasty, :lmao
i mean, it literally almost hurts to use it's so high pitched.

that, and i feel bad when i use it for 15 minutes straight in OC cause houses are RIGHT ON TO OF EACH OTHER.
As long as it's not late at night it's no different than someone doing their landscaping.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts