Modded Mustang Forums banner

Should I match the headlights and fog lights, or not?

• Go with the same kelvin rated bulbs in both

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Offset the colors with something different in the fogs

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my HID kit from HIDGUY.net installed, and after some work aiming the lights, they are great! But now my fog lights look kinda retarded, even after some Silvania ST 893 bulbs, they are still yellow.
My question is, do you think the HID's should match in both the headlights and fog lights, or should they be different? I have 8000k's in my headlights (they are tinted black ones from AM, and they look slightly more like 6k's than 8k's to me, an even lighter blue). I'm thinking some 6000k's in the fogs would look good. But then my fogs will probably blind the hell out of people if I have them on, (or accidently flip the switch, heh)

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Match... theres a kid around here with a Blue yellow combo and I hate it..... at night i feel like a space ship is coming to beam me up... idk thats just how it looks and its silly.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
match colors. white and blue works, or yellow and white is also reasonable...but not blue and yellow. frikkin Chanukkah lights jeeeez

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With my tinted headlights, mine arent quite as blue as the 8k's are suppose to be (at least I think so anyway), so I think 6k's in the fogs would look good.

Thumbie, the first time I saw an 05+ GT coming up behind me with the headlights and fogs on, I about freaked out because I had no idea what it was. I thought it was a UFO until it got closer. lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1 what they said. Or just shut your foglights off
I was using my fogs for a while when my lights were mis-aimed and before I got the HID's, but now I will probably rarely if ever use them. But they dont look right anymore with the HID headlights, and yellowish fogs. But for $40, might as well finish off the lights and do the fogs too.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
When I said white I meant stock color

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
I'd also go with the same colors.

But if you want something different, I've seen a few cars that have a somewhat cooler bulb in their fogs, their headlights are like blue or blueish-purple while the fogs are just pure white. That kind of combo doesn't look too bad imo.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Why would anyone intentionally mismatch them?

They look cheap as hell when like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 3000k In my fog lights and 6000k in my headlights, the yellow fogs definitely help me see a lot better when its snowing/foggy. Also I don't mind the look of mismatched colors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.