Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what a good high performance street intake is to match with AFR 205cc heads? i heard the victor jr. but i want a wider rpm range like 1500 to 6200
would the performer rpms match?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Carb intake? Victor Jr. Performer rpm would be OK, but if you are worried about maximum average street HP, you should have 185 cc heads.

Either way, a quick gasket match is worth it before you install the intake/heads.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Weiand Stealth hands down. The best combo's I've seen are Weiand Stealth/AFR.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Average HP and peak HP are two different things.

Average HP will probably be better with 185s than with 205s.

Peak HP will certainly be better with the 205s.

With a carb, I'd probably go with 205s too, but for sure I'd go with the victor Jr or even a Parker. Don't make the mistake of putting a restrictive intake on your awesome heads.

Also a mighty demon 825 flows about 900 cfm and is enough carb for 400+ cubic inches with 7000 rpms, what kinda motor is this going on? If it is going on a 302 or 347 a mighty demon 650 or 750 is better suited and will run a lot better on the street (more vacuum signal).

·
Registered
382 Posts
I did a Weiand Stealth for a 418W with 205 heads that made [email protected],900 [email protected],100 with a really nice wide torque band on a Engine dyno - it's a good intake too, just won't peak as high. Some guys chase the peak numbers.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I did a Weiand Stealth for a 418W with 205 heads that made [email protected],900 [email protected],100 with a really nice wide torque band on a Engine dyno - it's a good intake too, just won't peak as high. Some guys chase the peak numbers.
What rpm did it start to roll over at? Not bad numbers at all, but that was after you ported it right?

·
Registered
382 Posts
What rpm did it start to roll over at? Not bad numbers at all, but that was after you ported it right?
I didn't get a copy of the dyno sheet.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
does anyone know what a good high performance street intake is to match with AFR 205cc heads? i heard the victor jr. but i want a wider rpm range like 1500 to 6200
would the performer rpms match?
The proper combination runs good, not having "street" parts. You need an intake that works with those heads, not an intake that is in the rpm range you think the engine should be in. That is how mismatched combinations are born. I'm assuming this is going on the 408 that you refer to? Use a super victor. Make sure you have the proper cam to make use of those heads as well or you will be disapointed. A 408 is going to make torque just from the size of the engine so there is no need to worry about torque production. My 700 horsepower mill made 400 foot pounds at 2500 rpm and 500 from 3500 and up. Make sure the total combination is right and you will be happy.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Anything MSD is good.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
true....true....will the 302 block distributor, alt. and power steering bolt up to the 351W block...i know its gonna need new brackets and stuff....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts