Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been pondering on powdercoating my wheels black and the biggest question is should I do a matte finish or a glossy finish??? Picture of the car is in my sig for now, I will post a real picture soon...

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
gloss. I think matte wheels look dirty. you get both with gloss. if you dont want them glossy, dont clean them

·
Registered
691 Posts
personally i think since the other black pieces on your car(mirrors, pieces on the rear by the tail lights) aren't gloss that a matte finish on your wheels would compliment the rest of the black on your car and tie the wheels in with it more.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Satin lol.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
personally i think since the other black pieces on your car(mirrors, pieces on the rear by the tail lights) aren't gloss that a matte finish on your wheels would compliment the rest of the black on your car and tie the wheels in with it more.[

I agree:)

·
Registered
105 Posts
its all up to personal prefrence but i agree with yur2slo matt black wheels look dirty....im thinking about getting my powder coated gloss black

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
either one would look good if you ask me, i have had both on my car

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Don't touch those chrome ones. Go buy a set of new wheels in whichever black you decide you want, and send the chrome to me. I :love black California Special Mustangs w/ Saleen chrome wheels...

There might even be a few pennies or nickels and if you're lucky, a dollar or two involved. Off the record of course. :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ohhh, I need some cash, lets work something out with my car

And I agree that matte makes it look dirty. I've only seen about 4 cars with matte black wheels, but they all looked like they were just covered in brake dust.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
matte if you do the work to keep them clean.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh boy... still looks to be split decision, personally i was more for the matte but i will have to try the gloss look out in a photoshop project i guess.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Ohhh, I need some cash, lets work something out with my car

And I agree that matte makes it look dirty. I've only seen about 4 cars with matte black wheels, but they all looked like they were just covered in brake dust.

How much? ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've seen a set of Porsche wheels in gloss black at the powdercoating shop, when I took my 2000 kx 250 project parts to them. I had them do the frame, swingarm and other pieces in the gloss and it looked sweet. Went from this:
to this:

I would go with gloss :)

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
I'd say gloss.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts