Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. What would theoretically be the highest safe compression limit for 105 octane? (E85) Im getting mixed reviews and feedback. I know C12 can handle 12:1+, and it has a motor octane rating of 108, but thats leaded race gas. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
my guess is 11:1 to 12:1. Maybe more if you can keep up with the fuel demands.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was thinking. As long as i can keep up with fuel delivery i should be able to get away with something close to 12:1.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thats what i was thinking. As long as i can keep up with fuel delivery i should be able to get away with something close to 12:1.
I'm running 11:1 on 93 octane in my clevor...so I would guess you would be fine with 12:1. Still planning??

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, im actually almost done planning. Ive already started ordering parts. :D

Im just trying to figure out what type of piston im going to use with my heads. If i can run 12:1 with E85, thats the direction im going. Theres about 4-5 E85 stations in Tucson, AZ alone... and im headed there tomorrow. Im having some fun right now with the 5 liter (yeah, i got another car and didnt tell anyone), but look for a 400+ inch N/A build up in the next few months.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Maybe try asking on turbomustangs.com

I think there are a few guys there running E85 on their turbo cars.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Yeah, im actually almost done planning. Ive already started ordering parts. :D

Im just trying to figure out what type of piston im going to use with my heads. If i can run 12:1 with E85, thats the direction im going. Theres about 4-5 E85 stations in Tucson, AZ alone... and im headed there tomorrow. Im having some fun right now with the 5 liter (yeah, i got another car and didnt tell anyone), but look for a 400+ inch N/A build up in the next few months.
Are you moving or just visiting? I have been buying 110 leaded from Eastbay in Riverview lately.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hard to explain. I'll be there for quite some time, but not indefinately. I'll be back to FL eventually.

Ryan >

Thanks for the tip, i completely forgot about TM.com.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts