Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a potential trade offer for my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is my daily driver. A black 1996 Cobra just intake and exhaust. I figured that it will get better gas mileage than my Jeep. $150 a week in gas is getting really old now.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
150 a week? dam...keep in mind the cobra is gnna require notting but premium in it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Well I got a potential trade offer for my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which is my daily driver. A black 1996 Cobra just intake and exhaust. I figured that it will get better gas mileage than my Jeep. $150 a week in gas is getting really old now.
I feel your pain!! I spend $150-$200 a week in gas driving my 2010 F-150!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
150 a week? dam...keep in mind the cobra is gnna require notting but premium in it.
yea unless the pistons have been changed, you got a tune, or are running boost theres no reason to put premium in any of the cobras as far as i know. (the termi is exempt from this of course)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I feel you. My winter beater (1990 Jeep Cherokee) gets MAYBE 12 mpg in the city. My Mustang does waaaay better on gas.

·
Banned
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet deal is it a swap your doing or is it sell one buy another?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. It's a straight trade, my Jeep Grand Cherokee for the guy's Cobra. I still have my fast Cobra lol.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
yea unless the pistons have been changed, you got a tune, or are running boost theres no reason to put premium in any of the cobras as far as i know. (the termi is exempt from this of course)
srry sir but u are incorrect all cobras require permium octane gas, it even says on the gauges premium only, unles u wana risk knoking and detonation by puttin in regular gas.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
srry sir but u are incorrect all cobras require permium octane gas, it even says on the gauges premium only, unles u wana risk knoking and detonation by puttin in regular gas.
factory tunes tend to be pretty conservative, though. but I'm with you and would always put in premium just in case.

And to the OP, I almost want to suggest sticking with the jeep. Isn't it nice to have 4 doors and not worry about speed bumps and steep ramps into parking lots? Also with your Jeep, do you worry a lot about door dings? what if you had the Cobra?

For a DD, it's got to have a wee bit of practicality...unless you have a third car that is your DD that I failed to read about, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts