Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a weight reducing project . I've taking the dog bone , my whole rear seat and also dumped my exhaust and also added a aluminum drive shaft and gutted my trunk but I also relocated my battery to the rear so all together 100 lbs off the rear . Now the problem im spinning in 2nd till about 4000-4500 im running nitto 315 555 drag radials and 410s, But was enough to hold my friends :piss2: Ls1 off. Any advice would help

Attachments

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Too light and too much power, not much you can do but add weight back or get stickier tires/build the rear suspension up.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
So do i. Ive almost everything. That includes airbags, bumper supports, ac, gutting out the dash, removing the spare tire well and putting an aluminum sheet over it. You name it ive probably done it. Only things left are manual brakes and manual steering. Those wont be anytime soon though.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
I would like to remove my spare tire well so I could install a bigger fuel cell so I could extend range I think a 25 gallon tank would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
id rather have a spare tire..

·
Registered
808 Posts
You stripped out weight but dont have a aftermarket suspension yet?
Upper and Lower control arms and Full length sub frame connecters should be the first things. You dont even need the uppers, the stock ones are fine and dont flex much at all.
And I have never ran nittos but from what ive read they arnt the best traction wise. Im running MT drag radials but still have traction issues but they are the only thing Ive tried as far as a stickier tire.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Hoosier QTPs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you are still N/A then learn how to drive. 100lbs isnt enough weight to give you serious traction problems. Plus you have 315 dr's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts