Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is directed ONLY for the 2005+ guys, so mods please don't move this thread. This has been my home for a long time, and I know this isn't tech.

I should know tomorrow if I will be leaving the 05+ crew. I'm working a deal on a 2004 Lightning. I need a truck, and what better than a Lightning. We had one traded in at the dealer, owned by a elder man (vietnam purple heart vet)............He took EXCELLENT care of this thing. Custom 20s, tauno (sp) cover, ram air hood, billet upper and lower grille...........Best part is the performance. Just by driving the truck i'm going to say with a good set of slicks its a high 12 second truck, maybe mid 12s. Should be making somewhere between 14 and 16 pounds of boost. If they dont get right on the price with me, i'll be staying with my car. We will see guys. Another good thing is its SILVER!!!! haha

·
Registered
743 Posts
If you get it stay anyway...its a Ford ( nice one at that ) and you have info beneficial to many of us.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im sure i'll stick around guys, I don't think I could handle too many of those Lightning/svt forums!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
I sold my '04 Lightning to buy my '08 GT. I absolutely loved my L, and I'm sorry I sold it. At the time, premium was $4.50 a gallon and I didn't want to deal with the $600+ gas bills each month.

If that truck is making 14-16 lbs of boost, it ain't anywhere near stock - which is 8lbs. I had 12 lbs on the stock eaton, CAI, and slicks and ran 12.60's at 108 in decent weather. With slicks it's murderous off the line, I can say that. Have fun with the L - it's a really nice ride.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I love the lightnings. Post up pics of it even if you dont get it.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
your gonna love it man! i loooove my 04 Sonic Blue L that i picked up two weeks ago. its so comfy, and hauls ass. i'd allmost be willing to give up the stang for it, but since i didn't have too, i didn't. ;)

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Its still a ford, and its an eaton 2v.

Stay on here and make us jealous :drool

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
damn near half my family has lightenings and mustangs lol. both great vehicles, fast and attractive. either decision will be a good one.

i would give it just a little time, tho. i have had many opportunities to trade/sell my car and everytime i have gotten all excited about it.....then i waited about a week and i fell in love with my car all over again. lol it happens about every 3 months :D

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i'll most likely end up keeping my car, the dealer is trying to **** me over..............we'll see lol

1 - 20 of 61 Posts