Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
South paw? Nice!

Yes I play, avidly during our "summer months" (i.e. july-august here in Seattle) and am a scratch golfer.

What kind of clubs/balls does everyone play here?

I use 100% Nickent clubs (SW-3iron, Driver & HushPutter) and Srixon balls. I don't have any woods... I don't ever have a need for them.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been hitting Nike Mojo, Noodle, and Callaway HX recently.
Clubs are called Bridges. They are custom made, to your height and swing, at a golf shop a couple of cities over.
Got any hybrid clubs? I have a hybrid 3 iron, and love it.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Been hitting Nike Mojo, Noodle, and Callaway HX recently.
Clubs are called Bridges. They are custom made, to your height and swing, at a golf shop a couple of cities over.
Got any hybrid clubs? I have a hybrid 3 iron, and love it.
No hybrids, though I'd seriously consider them for my game. I can manage distance and accuracy with my 3-4-5 irons but in no way can I control the spin, nor consistently control the hook/fade shots.

Nickent (what I play and swear by) makes hybrids. But for a pretty penny. I never have a need for woods either. My game is so weird.

My bag:
P-SW-PW-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-D That's it!! I drive 275 (in the air) with ease, so unless I'm on an extremely long par 5, I never have a need for anything longer than a 3 iron. But I need something to fill the void that is between my 3 iron and driver. If I'm ever to start making sub-par rounds of golf, I need more weaponry.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Sweet dude I liek to golf im decent I played on my high school golf team :)
same here
my bigets advanteg is driving the ball about 300,

does any one else use a 2 iron, cuse i am th eonly person i know who does but i love it.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
just got a old set of cobra irons P-3 iron a tailor made 7 iron, and 2 iron
chiper
k mart 3 wood
some company that starts with o driver
and some company that starts with s sand wedge.

ya a kind a scaterd set of clubs but the work for me so that is all i care.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
i have a full set of titleist irons and driver. XPC 3 and 5 wood. Odysey putter and two nike hybrid irons (as i can't hit my 2-4 irons straight to save my life)

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking at the Nike SQ Sumo driver, at Dick's yesterday. Anyone have any experience with these. Dick's has the 07 model for half price, because the 08's just came out. 200 bucks isnt bad.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I use the King Cobra s/i irons, Callaway Hawkeye II driver, and a crappy 5 and 3 wood that I can hit really well. I hit it where ever I want for the most part but I don't score well. I shoot in the high 70's to upper 80's. I don't get to play but maybe 5-10 times a year so my score's are based on how I feel that day. I plan on starting to play quite a bit more as my wife and I start raising our income. Hopefully I'll get consistant and be scratch one day. It's hard to putt if you don't practice.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I played on the golf team last year and was close to +2 cap. I havent played much recently but will start back up soon when it warms up. I play with Taylormade RACs and I use a taylormade r5 dual driver. I also play with nothing but Titleist prov1's.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I like the NXT Titleist. The Prov1's are too high in price for me. Whenever I find a Prov1 and use it it is beautiful to play with.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
I use the NXTs every now and then. Just the grip on the ProV1's is amazing.
You are dead-on about those grips. I swapped my Nickent grips over beginning of last year.

Sounds like we have a few low-handicappers on MM. I never could go sub-par unless while playing on a short-yardage course, or a 70/71 par course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts