Modded Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how do you guys think i would do against a subaru wrx (not sti) with intake exhaust and blow off valve

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
It has a Turbo? o.0 Then its an STI or a modded WRX which would probably walk all over you.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
No the wrx non sti has a turbo. Usually, most imprezas they are not stock. So watch it. Race from a roll. He is awd. Also go above 100 that's where our displacement will walk them.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I had no idea lol. Are all WRX equipped with a turbo or just some years? There is a WRX at my school that parks near me every tues/thurs with no IC.
Its badged WRX anyway.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
All impreza's and legacys are not turbo. ALL WRX's for ever are turboed. They are only 225 hp or 265 depending on the year. They pull better in the high rpm's but you destroy them from a dig. They have traction but they don't ahve any power down low so they blow ass at drag.

From a roll they are more likely to get you cause they will build boost and rape you on the highway. Unless you are over 100 mph, then you will be able to beat them on displacement like they said.

·
Registered
121 Posts
lol...this isnt the first time ive heard this question. Take it from me, who hates imports completely, The wrx's are some bad ass rides. A buddy of mine has a turbo wrx, and he took me for a ride and shocked the hell out of me. That thing threw my head in the seat. But i think you could give him a a decent run if you went from the roll. But i still think he'll take ya in the long run.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I raced an 02 WRX with a BOV exhaust and intake from a 30 roll and literally raped him. He got the jump on me, I had him by a length at like 50mph. Then by 80mph I was just pulling hard. I had 3 passengers in the car too.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm yea not sure on the year but i took a ride in it and it didnt seem that fast stock turbo with just intake exhaust and bov and he asked if i wanted to race sometime and i said yes im pretty sure it would be a very close race ... and he isnt the best at shifting i guess we will see sometime hopefully soon ik they can be monsters

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
A wrx is a very nice car, I wouldnt mind having one as a DD. I have a few friends that own them, and they do fairly well when modded they just aren't quite an STI. The cars really benefit from exhaust, so he might keep up fairly well. Even though they have AWD, they kind of bog some due to lack of power. Launching doing the redline drop just risks breaking it, and hopefully your friend knows better. You should be able to take a lightly modded wrx, just dont gloat ahead of time, and dont be surprised if you lose.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea ik they are pretty quick when modded im thinking it will be a pretty even race so im kinda hoping his driving skills will help me out

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
What is the year of it. That makes a big difference. I have a friend with a stage 2 STI, a stage 2 EVO, a stage 4 wrx and a stage 2 wrx.

The WRX's with stock turbo are not that fast. They just aren't. My friend with a stage 2, which is new piping and tune and full exhaust. It is about the same as my car was stock.

The stage 4 one (new piping, new turbo and everything redone but the block) was 450 crank horse power. It was crazy, huge lag, but definitely faster than my car.

The stage 2 STI and EVO are a whole nother thing, The EVO was faster than the stage 4 wrx, but the STI was not. But they were both really fast. 300 awhp.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its a bit newer i wanna say 06 but im not sure ill find out tomorrow for sure cause im about to head off to work...im thinking its the one with 230 hp stock

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to be a subby tech. I had no respect for them till I worked there. Wrx is a decent little car. When we did pdi's on the sti's..very nice rides.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The 06 has a 2.5l motor in it that is turbo. They make 265 or something. IF it is the one that isn't the gay new look but still has the weird looking front, its an 06-08. They are pretty quick. It will be a drivers race, definitely try to abuse your displacement though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
All impreza's and legacys are not turbo. ALL WRX's for ever are turboed. They are only 225 hp or 265 depending on the year. They pull better in the high rpm's but you destroy them from a dig. They have traction but they don't ahve any power down low so they blow ass at drag.

From a roll they are more likely to get you cause they will build boost and rape you on the highway. Unless you are over 100 mph, then you will be able to beat them on displacement like they said.
i roll around with 6 of these f**k heads and a ws6. they rape me and the ws6 from a dig. from a roll its a different story if they don't brake boost. and i actually have full bolt-ons+cams. my cousin 07 sti that was pulling the same 60' ft times as a mach 1 on slicks.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
i roll around with 6 of these f**k heads and a ws6. they rape me and the ws6 from a dig. from a roll its a different story if they don't brake boost. and i actually have full bolt-ons+cams. my cousin 07 sti that was pulling the same 60' ft times as a mach 1 on slicks.
What is brake boosting? I hear it a lot but I have nooooooo idea what it is

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You floor it but keep your speed down by holding down the brakes, so you launch at full boost instead of just partial boost when your rolling.

Yeah the STI is going to launch like a monster cause its AWD. The non STI's have issues spooling the turbos though, so the wheels grip but the engine isn't into power yet so they don't do that well.

How are you getting rolled by stock wrx's? Unless they are 06+ with the 2.5L you have no excuse to being beat by any wrx that doesn't have a new turbo at the very least.

I have a NPI and I was shotgunning with a couple of stage2 04 wrx's and he could not run away.

·
Registered
157 Posts
there is 4 06 wrxs an 06 sti and an 07 sti and an 01 ws6 in my car group. all the wrx/sti are stage 2

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ill try to find out more about the car today and let you guys know... hopefully we get to run this weekend but idk hes kinda weird but we'll see

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Just go race and report back.

Its a drivers race. If the kid can drive, it should be a good race. If he's a retard, you should win.

I'm sure this race will take place in Mehico somewhere, and not on public roads, right :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.