Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have some Magnaflow straight through exhuast mufflers,they look like resonators im not sure what they are but its a straight through design, what cat back would go well and give it a nicer meaner sound? List off by prices please and thank you!
im looking to make it sound louder and meaner, but staying low on my budget

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
do you have an after market h pipe or x pipe. If not... you can consider changing that out with an off road or even catted x pipe and it will open up the sound. i have an off road x pipe with slp resonators dumped and my 03 GT sounds crazy loud but good. you can get an off road for less than $200 or you can get a catted one, but it jumps the price up to the $300 and up range. with so many products out there the prices really float.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You probably have the magnapacks, and yes an x-pipe, or a prochamber will sound good.

·
Registered
799 Posts
have any of you guys with o/r x pipes and the slp system gotten any hassle from the police about it? my plan is to do headers, o/r x, and slp 1

·
Registered
360 Posts
Running "straight flow" will be pretty loud, so yeah i would expect to get hassled.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok doe you guys have any links to where i can find those high flow cats or whatever, i'd really appreciate it, and its legal to have these kind of cats right? about how much would the cats cost and will it make it a bit louder??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts