Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Trying to cover all my bases here.. Kinda want a opinion on either one even price and what is more user friendly.. My 2.3 is stock at the moment and looking for something long term after modifications with cylinder head replacment and other stuff... I have a head all set up to put on except for it needs a valve job and cleaned up..the car is a speed density mustang and trying to figure out the best options.. Any input would be helpful

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You don't need a megasquirt, as long as you're not doing anything radical, the quarter horse is perfect.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The quarter horse will do everything you need and want it to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I where you when it comes to the time you want to upgrade your engine management I would recommend Stinger-performance's P.I.M.P. hands down, plug and play and user friendly I love it and I have never tuned anything before I got it besides adjusting boost and fuel pressure while using my factory management.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Btw, Pimp is a mega squirt

Setup is pretty simple after installing the QH.
Not sure how difficult or time consuming it is for the pimp/MS.

This thread is kinda old, so maybe the OP can post his decision and results?
Also, what ecu do you currently have?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah its mega squirt based, I have Stingers PIMP. All you have to do is plug it to your harness, run a vacuum line for the built in map and connect your wideband, It so user friendly its ridiculous best mod so far. Id like to know what he went with.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Pimp is good plug and play for sure. But for cost versus results, the quarter horse is the better bang for the buck. It will use whatever measurement system your car has stock. And can be modified to accept anything. Its much cheaper upfront and long run

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't say much about QH because I have never used it, I can say that the PIMP unit is ridiculously user friendly and as way more features then I will probably even use. I love it and I have no problem recommending it due to my experience with it, I am guessing you use or have used QH? Either one he/she decides to go with is going to be a win. Research is always a friend also, OP look into the products themselves then get user opinions, witch ever one sounds right for you go with it but ultimately its going to be better to inform your self as much as possible of the facts then seeking advise and opinions because your going to get quite a variation.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't really decided what one to go with yet. Car is pretty much put away for the winter and I usually don't work on it then and wait till spring after stocking up on parts and cash... I will do a little more research on which one to use.. Thanks for all the input

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts