Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a detailing class at Meguiar's taught by Mike Stoops. It was pretty cool and learned alot for a basic class of what to do and what not to do as a beginner. When we first got there, there were donuts and coffee to start the morning off. We then went into class room instruction and Mike gave us some step by step lessons on paint correction using Meguiar's stuff of course. We had pizza and soda for lunch, then went on into hands on training using Meguiar's DA, which is pretty cool. Well here are the pics.

Someone black Lexus with paint defects.

Mike showing how to use Ultimate Compound by hand.

Using Meguiar's DA

Just a few minutes with the DA and you can notice the difference.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Nice!!! How often do they hold these?! I'm going to be in Upland for two weeks in May and I'd love to swing over to Irvine and sit in on one of these!

·
Registered
701 Posts
That must have been a great experience! Wish I could go to one of those

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice!!! How often do they hold these?! I'm going to be in Upland for two weeks in May and I'd love to swing over to Irvine and sit in on one of these!
You have to sign up in advance on their website Meguiar's Online There are only 32 spots per class so make sure you sign up now! The class is free and they feed you. :D Also they have a basic class (which I went to), an advance class (have to do the basic first) and on Thursdays there's TNOG (Thursday Night Open Garage) which isnt really a class, more of a help you with anything you need help with.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
psht

real men learn how to detail themselves!!!!

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Nice! If I was closer I'd like to attend one just to enjoy the facilities and what not. Might learn something as well, who knows.

Not going to **** up your paint with a DA polisher..
true, but give a newbe a rotary, and sit black and watch the paint peel!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
true, but give a newbe a rotary, and sit black and watch the paint peel!
haha so true!

I was thinking detailing with the DA, i didn't think they taught how to use the rotary till a more advanced class!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Nice! If I was closer I'd like to attend one just to enjoy the facilities and what not. Might learn something as well, who knows.

Not going to **** up your paint with a DA polisher..
Its not easy... but you deff can cause damage with a DA hehe.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Surprised they didnt use the new DA MF System...

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Surprised they didnt use the new DA MF System...
From what Mike told us, it's more aggressive than the yellow pad he was teaching us with. Plus it wasn't part of the curriculum. Now if you go to the TNOG (Thursday Night Open Garage), they'll let you play around with it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The new MF system looks like my "go to" detailer once i get it!!! i mean if you detail other cars...you RARELY come upon a car that has fine swirls, most of them have medium to heavy swirls which is prefect for the new DA system!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts