Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ordering the Meguiars microfiber correction starter kit. Who all has it and if you do is it any good? I would like to know before I order

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
its great..i have had it for a little while now..it takes some getting use to and such..ZERO dust, fast cutting, finishes down soo good. Did my buddys new camaro with the cutting disc and compound and had no need to do an extra step to remove any hazing. Once you prime the pad you use very little on the rest of the car..maybe 2 pea size drops per section. one thing the pad must be cleaned out after every section..best method is just blowing it with compressed air for about 3-4sec. If you dont have that option..People have found getting the bug sponges work very well to clean it off just run the pad over the sponge for a few sec and your good to go again.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I think I'll pick it up then. Sounds like a very good deal only doing 1 step and no hazing

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I freggin love it! It is my go to setup. I highly recommend it. On colors like black it leaves a slight haze at times. When it does, I follow up the compound with Mothers Foam Pad Polish. I get three step results with two steps. I use the bug sponge to clean the pads. Works great. You can use one pad and do an entire car!

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
MP REALLY LIKES IT!!!

Hmmm...MP is this system better then the Optimum Compound/Polish?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
MP REALLY LIKES IT!!!

Hmmm...MP is this system better then the Optimum Compound/Polish?
I dont see why you cant just buy the pads and use the optimum stuff..you dont have to get the Megs compound and polish to use it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I dont see why you cant just buy the pads and use the optimum stuff..you dont have to get the Megs compound and polish to use it.
There is actually a guy that uses the pad wit 105, might pick one up and give it a try:D

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Chris, your backplate is probably 5", not 5.5". You use 5.5" pads normally is my guess.

As for the questions of using different compounds with it. Mequiars designed the compound to work with the pads. It is a system. However, it will work fine with other compounds. I have used the Mothers Foam Pad Polish on the Finishing Pad, and it worked great. I plan on running the Optimum Hyper Compound and Polish Sprays on it as well to see how they work. A lot of people use Menzerna P085 with great results.

And yes, I really like it x3! :lol

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
My local Wal-Mart is freakin' carrying these packages! I saw them three days ago and about shat myself. I'm dying to buy some stuff. I NEED A DUAL ACTION!!!!!! GAH!

However, I just made my $521 a month total insurance payment (two cars, renters, and health) to USAA and made my car payment today...needless to say...funds are non-existant. :(

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
:sorry

having a guaranteed salary is really nice (I can focus on getting out of debt much more easily)...but I miss the big pay days and spiffs. I once got $150 cash in fist for being the first sales consultant to get three fresh UPs into the trunk of a car in front of the sales tower. :D

I miss it though. :(

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
So could I just buy the pads somewhere? And since I have the 5.5 backing plate do I need to buy a 5" plate or go with 6" pads on the 5.5 I have?
Chris like James said you have a 5" backing plate man and yeah you can just buy the pads if you want to.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Chris like James said you have a 5" backing plate man and yeah you can just buy the pads if you want to.
From now on Danny is my manager...Any questions on what I have should be directed through him...:D

I shall find of these pads then...

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I think somebody said they saw these at a pepboys or autozone the other day...anyone know if this is true? anyone else seen them at Wally world? I havent checked the one near me, but I would like to get this system with my DA this week.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i think they might have seen the ultimate wax kit..not the microfiber correction kit.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts