Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With FG400 being out now I am thinking about giving the Menzerna brand a try...

I notice something though...

Compounding
PG-1000 - Powergloss

Polishing
IP-2000 - Intensive Polish
IS-1500 - Super Intensive Polish
PF-2500 - Power Finish

Finishing
FF-3000 - Final Polish
SF-4000 - Super Finish "Nano"
PO87mc - Micro Polish
SF-4500 - PO85rd
PO115cq - Finishing glaze

Why in the hell do they have so many damn products that do nearly the same thing?

I am kinda torn though...I really liked the Sonax nano's but the FG400 is doing killer work in just one step...

So would FG400 finished with PO85rd be a decent setup? I already have 32 ounces of PO85rd on the shelf...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I havent used FG, but i know someone who has been testing for a while and its amazing stuff. Think 105/205 combo with FG400/106 or 85rd (certain paints) but better! deeper, wetter, glossier finish

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for my honda which has a soft clear I could get by with FG400 and 85rd?

On my wifes mercedes what would I need to add?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
menzerna is quality products, I think they're on their way if not already to king of polishes :dunno I've just been sticking with the staple of 105/205 po85 was great, but just not really needed on my car especially being a dd

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am going back to foamies and getting rid of my MF setup so I am thinking the FG400 + 85rd + Hydro Pads = Great for my car but still not sure on what to pick up to take care of the wifes car...

Cyan or Tangerine for fg400? I am guessing cyan for FG400 and tangerine for 85rd and using the crimson to apply BFWD...

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I love 85rd and i was gonna get a bottle of 203s because menzerna makes really awesome stuff. But when u look at the prices and already know that M205 works fine its hard to spend the extra money.

Plus megs is made in Murica! Lol

Im always interested in trying new stuff though

Sent from the cell

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love 85rd and i was gonna get a bottle of 203s because menzerna makes really awesome stuff. But when u look at the prices and already know that M205 works fine its hard to spend the extra money.

Plus megs is made in Murica! Lol

Im always interested in trying new stuff though

Sent from the cell
I'm thinking I can get by with fg400 and 85rd so it wouldn't be bad as I already have the rd. Just wondering about the Benz since its ceramic

Sent From Jelly Bean Gnex

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I'm thinking I can get by with fg400 and 85rd so it wouldn't be bad as I already have the rd. Just wondering about the Benz since its ceramic

Sent From Jelly Bean Gnex
That Fg400 looks like it corrects ALOT and finishes really really well too, i think you could get by with it too.

I didnt se FG400 on the chart you posted, im assuming its in the mild compound to heavy polish range lol

i thought most modern vehicles are ceramic?

Either way, if FG400 doesnt do it, 105 will, and 105 is cheap.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That Fg400 looks like it corrects ALOT and finishes really really well too, i think you could get by with it too.

I didnt se FG400 on the chart you posted, im assuming its in the mild compound to heavy polish range lol

i thought most modern vehicles are ceramic?

Either way, if FG400 doesnt do it, 105 will, and 105 is cheap.
From what I have read FG400 is like a compound and polish all in one...

No clue about the ceramic...I know my acura paint is soft as hell but the wifes ML is hard as all get out

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Im probably gonna use most of my M105 on a car im doing tomorrow, id like to try FG400, seems like it could almost cut out the middle step and save a ton of time on full corrections.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I am going back to foamies and getting rid of my MF setup so I am thinking the FG400 + 85rd + Hydro Pads = Great for my car but still not sure on what to pick up to take care of the wifes car...

Cyan or Tangerine for fg400? I am guessing cyan for FG400 and tangerine for 85rd and using the crimson to apply BFWD...
Still wondering

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a bunch of them already LOL2 of each color along with 4 black pads

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But I am wanting hydro pads LOL

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Still wondering
I would use FG400 with the heaviest polishing pad you have, that way it will have a good amount of cut but allow the FG400 to finish well.

Id say orange for BnS pads, again, depending on the paint, do a test spot.

Im not too familiar with hydros or other colors of other brands....

I am going to need to replace some pads in the next couple months, maybe ill look into other options... what do you think chris, other than BnS whats a good pad for the price.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I would use FG400 with the heaviest polishing pad you have, that way it will have a good amount of cut but allow the FG400 to finish well.

I am going to need to replace some pads in the next couple months, maybe ill look into other options... what do you think chris, other than BnS whats a good pad for the price.
I know what Sonics answer will be ;). I don't have a ton of experience with mine but I do like the hydrotechs I have now. I have 2 cyans, 1 tangerine and 1 crimson. I am actually thinking about buying a few more crimsons so I can soak one to get the freakin bfwdps out while I apply w/e wax i'm using. I can't comment on durability BUT I can say it is nice to only have 3 different pads. Makes life a little easier it seems.

What I do wonder about only having the three different pads is are BnS's pads more efficient at doing exactly what they say. The hydrotechs are sorta an AIO since there are only 3 where as others have a lot more to choose from. I just wonder what kind of corners (if any) are being cut with only having 3 pads.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts

hydros dude, you'll be impressed especially with how insanely cheap we can get them now..
I know what Sonics answer will be ;). I don't have a ton of experience with mine but I do like the hydrotechs I have now. I have 2 cyans, 1 tangerine and 1 crimson. I am actually thinking about buying a few more crimsons so I can soak one to get the freakin bfwdps out while I apply w/e wax i'm using. I can't comment on durability BUT I can say it is nice to only have 3 different pads. Makes life a little easier it seems.

What I do wonder about only having the three different pads is are BnS's pads more efficient at doing exactly what they say. The hydrotechs are sorta an AIO since there are only 3 where as others have a lot more to choose from. I just wonder what kind of corners (if any) are being cut with only having 3 pads.
;)
hydros are a " breakthrough in tech. " or so they claim, regardless of what they say I achieved 99% correction with them on my dd
you'd benefit from 3x more cyans 3x more tangerines and 3x more crimsons,
you'd be set on lsp pads for a long time lol, as for washing pads.. blue just has a bfwdps pad.. that he never cleans.. 20+ applications of bfwdps with it, no issues

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
you'll be impressed especially with how insanely cheap we can get them now..

hydros are a " breakthrough in tech. " or so they claim, regardless of what they say I achieved 99% correction with them on my dd

you'd benefit from 3x more cyans 3x more tangerines and 3x more crimsons,
you'd be set on lsp pads for a long time lol, as for washing pads.. blue just has a bfwdps pad.. that he never cleans.. 20+ applications of bfwdps with it, no issues
The price from DC on those pads is absolutely amazing.

I did get very good results as well, especially for my first time using any of this stuff so I guess the proof is in the pudding.

Wait, wait, wait you are telling me he puts bfwdps on a crimson pad, then used it, then let it sit, then put more bfwdps on the pad, used it, let it sit etc, etc, and it's still fine? Well that means I should just stop trying to get this crap outta my crimson pad b/c it's a pain in the butt and buy a few more to use for lsp's.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts