Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
NICE SON!

Just switch the PT for a GG down the road lol.

I need some specifics man, what kinda of menzerna is that?

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Oh yeah? Well aren't you cool!

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha nah, I love the PC. But its menzerna PF2500, m105, m205, CG mr pink shampoo, CG bug and tar remover, CG polishing pad conditioner, p21s concours paste wax,

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
is the pad conditioner absolutley needed. i have been wanting to get some.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
is the pad conditioner absolutley needed. i have been wanting to get some.
Conditioning your pad will help avoid dry friction on a new pad. But a "product" for it isnt necessary, you can just mist your pad with distilled water :)

I do use CG pad conditioner, but when i run out ill use distilled water probably. If you wanna get a 16oz its not expensive and since you use 1 spray just the first time you put polish on the pad, it lasts forever, but like i said, a very light mist of distilled will do.

Just helps your polish prime into the pad and helps avoid hazing from a brand new pad thats still really firm.

·
Registered
192 Posts
:bubba:Nice! I have wanted to get a paint correction set. Saving for an x pipe instead

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
let me know how you like that bug wash vs reg wash, I've always wanted to get some and mix it up in a bottle similar to poorboys bug squash, but bugs are never bad enough for me to go that far around here

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
Conditioning your pad will help avoid dry friction on a new pad. But a "product" for it isnt necessary, you can just mist your pad with distilled water :)

I do use CG pad conditioner, but when i run out ill use distilled water probably. If you wanna get a 16oz its not expensive and since you use 1 spray just the first time you put polish on the pad, it lasts forever, but like i said, a very light mist of distilled will do.

Just helps your polish prime into the pad and helps avoid hazing from a brand new pad thats still really firm.
I use a mist of CG speed wipe and it works great. You can also use distilled water or CG speed wipe (or some other spray "wax") to lengthen your working time when polishing.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I use a mist of CG speed wipe and it works great. You can also use distilled water or CG speed wipe (or some other spray "wax") to lengthen your working time when polishing.
yea that would work, the reason i shy away from that is some QDs may have something in them that affect the polish in a bad way.

I would just get a QD that is very simple, i think Speedwipe is a good one because it has NO WAX and NO SEALANT in it. That and CG LUBER would be my first pics.

But like we said, cheapest way is a mist of distilled lol.

I may get some speedwipe....i dont have a QD that doesnt contain "protection" in it and im looking at a QD i can use in between IPAing and Waxing. Something that wont interfere with wax bonding but it will make the surface nice and slick, which will make LSP application easier.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
yea that would work, the reason i shy away from that is some QDs may have something in them that affect the polish in a bad way.

I would just get a QD that is very simple, i think Speedwipe is a good one because it has NO WAX and NO SEALANT in it. That and CG LUBER would be my first pics.

But like we said, cheapest way is a mist of distilled lol.

I may get some speedwipe....i dont have a QD that doesnt contain "protection" in it and im looking at a QD i can use in between IPAing and Waxing. Something that wont interfere with wax bonding but it will make the surface nice and slick, which will make LSP application easier.
I got speedwipe in a bogo and I absolutely freakin love it, honestly. It smells absolutely amazing. Easy to use and is 100% perfect for clay lube, pad prep, QD for dusting etc. I will buy it again from DC when i'm out. I finally used up an entire bottle and I bought that stuff right when I started to get into this stuff so it's lasted me a while and I use it for everything.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I got speedwipe in a bogo and I absolutely freakin love it, honestly. It smells absolutely amazing. Easy to use and is 100% perfect for clay lube, pad prep, QD for dusting etc. I will buy it again from DC when i'm out. I finally used up an entire bottle and I bought that stuff right when I started to get into this stuff so it's lasted me a while and I use it for everything.
I think im gonna get some too, i need a go to QD that doesnt have polymer whatchamacallits in it lol.

Just a simple clean up QD. Guess im due for an order from DC

Dude we can get Speedwipe in a gallon for 25 bucks at AA, but gotta pay shipping, man i cant wait to see the the whole CG line at DC.

Ill probably order a couple 16oz's from DC since ill need a spray bottle anyway, then if i like it ill grab the gallon when i run out.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, pad conditioner is absolutely necrssary. If you don't use it your paint will fal off

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol^

1 - 18 of 18 Posts