Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I reinstalled my stock shifter and when I pull it towards me (to go into first or second while moving) I can feel a grind...

Can't really help you though.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
never heard of it on mine... but I always drive with loud music...

if it bothers you, I'll trade you mine... I'll GLADLY take the grinding sound...

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
Ya it's the bearing, mine does the same thing. If you push in the clutch pedal, it will stop. Let it out, it starts up again. Not really worth worrying about, change it when you replace or upgrade the clutch, or if you have trouble engaging or disengaging the clutch. Every manual car I've owned made that noise.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya it's the bearing, mine does the same thing. If you push in the clutch pedal, it will stop. Let it out, it starts up again. Not really worth worrying about, change it when you replace or upgrade the clutch, or if you have trouble engaging or disengaging the clutch. Every manual car I've owned made that noise.

Yea exactly! it goes away when i push in the clutch. thanks man. Yea i got 54,000 on original clutch so im ugradeing that soon and probably looking at alum flywheel so i guess ill take care of it then.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I've had mine for 13 months... I'm in the process of calling my local dealership, and tell them to make me an appointment for the recall, go there and threaten them with a law suit if they don't fix everything that's wrong with my car, or replace the car...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts