Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been trying to detect this loud "squeaky" noise that seems to come from the front of engine around all upper pullies area. I have 03 gt with vortec sq2 installed. I put my face right into the area that I think the sound may come from but unable to pinpoint the location. I hosed down the engine with water. When start up the car, the sound was getting louder. I sprayed alternator pulley with wd40, the sound was still there. I sprayed vortec bracket fixed pulley, sound still there. You guys have any idea how to pinpoint the problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
pull the belt completely off (if possible return to stock since you are blown) and then run the car...if the sound continues it is most likely your cam guides or adjusters going bad....if it stops, you have a pulley problem...if it is a pulley problem, spin them by hand and feel for anything gritty or abnormal.

But the more I think about it....how the hell are you going to hear a squeaky noise around a blower???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the noise is quite louded..and my vortec is sq model,so its wind is not that noticeable. besides, blower's sound is diff.anyway

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
For 6 bucks, this is the best tool in my toolbox. Buy it once and have it forever...
Be extremely careful.

You run the engine, and touch the end NEAR the various parts you suspect it might be. You will hear the squeeling when you get to the culprit.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
^ Nice toy there. :D

My first guess is because I had this problem, check all your pulleys. My lower idler was wobbly so i had to replace it but i also got a belt, and didn't get any dressing for it. this caused a sound similar to a turkey call. If you have that sound, then try some belt dressing.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
I heard an idler pulley going bad on my stang over my blower. Just a different sound. I THOUGHT the blower was doing all that horrible sound but it just happen to be the idler behind the blower.

Yeah that tool posted above is always nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts