Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow mustang fans,already posted in new member section,but figured would say hi in the 5.0 section,i have a 94 mustang gt,i picked it up really cheap and figured it would be a good candadate for a good budget build,the way the car sits i have around 700 dollars into it,list of mods,typhoon intake,bbk 70mm throtle body,bbk cold air intake,shorty headers,with dual flowmaster exhaust,no cats,no emissions,no egr,removed ac,removed air pump,removed abs,removed cruise control,relocated battery to trunck,lowered front end,removed air bags,welded in frame ties,cobra r hood with hood pins,msd 6 al ignition with msd blaster coil,bigger cam but dont know size,and underdrive pulleys,installed custom steering wheel,procar racing seats,4 inch autometer tach on dash,also put 17 inch bullit rims on,plan on putting some procomp heads on soon,210cc intake runners,2.02 & 1.60 valves,was wondering what size cam i can run with the heads,also has short throw shifter and will be installing a 150 hp nitrous wet kit soon,the way the car is i believe it will run high 12's low 13's goal is to get it down to low 10's,have a couple of questions,electric waterpumps,do they help or cause problems ive read good and bad,also what size cam do i need for the size heads im getting,any ways good to be here at the forum

·
Registered
852 Posts
Talk to someone that can grind you a custom cam per your heads... Jay Allen is a name that gets thrown around a lot. Electric waterpumps are fine if you have the extra cash, otherwise a stock pump and a pulley kit should just fine.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
hey fellow mustang fans,already posted in new member section,but figured would say hi in the 5.0 section,

i have a 94 mustang gt,i picked it up really cheap and figured it would be a good candadate for a good budget build,the way the car sits i have around 700 dollars into it,

list of mods:
typhoon intake
bbk 70mm throtle body
bbk cold air intake
shorty headers
dual flowmaster exhaust
Cat Delete
Egr and emissions delete
AC Delete
removed air pump
removed abs
removed cruise control
relocated battery to trunk
lowered front end
removed air bags
welded in frame ties
cobra r hood with hood pins
msd 6 al ignition with msd blaster coil
bigger cam but dont know size
underdrive pulleys,
installed custom steering wheel
procar racing seats
4 inch autometer tach on dash
17 inch bullit rims
short throw shifter

plan on putting some procomp heads on soon. 210cc intake runners, 2.02 & 1.60 valves. was wondering what size cam i can run with the heads. will be installing a 150 hp nitrous wet kit soon,

the way the car is i believe it will run high 12's low 13's goal is to get it down to low 10's.
I have a couple of questions, electric waterpumps. do they help or cause problems ive read good and bad. also what size cam do i need for the size heads im getting. any ways good to be here at the forum
Now this, this I can read.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry,ill try to set up my posts like that from now on,still trying to figure out the site,eventually will be able to figure out the picture thing,im better with my hand and tools than i am with computers,thanks for the info on cam,what about the e303 cam,or wouldnt that be big enough for the heads

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
do a search on pro comp heads, and gt40ps are a good budget head if you dont wana spend more than 3-400 bucks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok,didnt realize procomps were china made crap,so if i went with the gt40p heads,what size are the valves,and how much porting can be done,would also plan on milling the heads,when doing this do i also have to have the intake done also,and can i get a good 400hp with gt40p heads

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
you will not get 400hp with P heads, if you want 400 youre gona need to stroke the motor or use nitrous/boost

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont believe you need to stroke a motor to get 400 hp,if you want 500 to 600 hp it will have to be stroked but not for 400,ive read many articles of 302 motors getting 400 hp without being stroked,and without power adders,i was just wondering if it was possible with gt40p heads,my motor is pushing around 320 hp the way it sits and thats with 7t heads

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
your car is not pushing anywhere near 320 with the stock ****, not even at the crank. But buy some p's and go have it dyno'd, do it do it make 400 prove me wrong, i didnt have p's and get my car dynod and tuned :eek:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so your telling me that a complete aftermarket intake system,headers with 3"duals all the way back,bigger cam,underdrive pulleys,full msd ignition,plus other deleted items wont make 100hp over stock, not counting what i dont know what everelse has been done to the motor,this is not my first mustang and i can tell you that the 96 i had wouldnt keep with this car at all,i got a really good deal on this mustang and the girl i got it from said the guy she had bought it from 3 months before i bought it said that it just had 3500 put into drivetrain,which was mostly motor work,i have know doubt that its pushing 320 hp,especially when i can put a set of 10 inch slicks on and can smoke them off like an average pair of street tires.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Buddy, your logic has to go!!! Spinning slicks doesn't mean a damn thing. My car could do that because it was had no weight transfer, and it would just blow the tires off from being so slammed. I had intake, exhaust, and 3:55's. You drive a 14 sec car, and yes I said that. Better heads, cam, and intake can get you 100 hp over stock, but not with the ones you have picked out. With your bolt ons the car prob makes 200hp to the wheels, and thats if it's in GOOD shape. Just sit back, you asked your questions, wait and read. <333

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats correct the mach 1 has the modular motor,which was actually less hp for about the same price as the cobra,which i also owned a 99 cobra before,that car was pretty quick but didnt put you in your seat like the 94 i have now

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:lmao
I'm in no shape to comment right now. But :lamo at this fool

:popcorn

1 - 20 of 46 Posts