Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Mgw came in friday and i finally got the chance to install it this afternoon.
The install was fairly easy, took me and my brother about 1-1.5 hours to finish.
I went ahead and bought the frpp shift knob and it looks really good.

After the install i went for a test drive around the block. It was alot more difficult than usual to get it into reverse (this is a problem i've always had with my t-45), but i mangaged to get it in
As far as the shifter goes....the throws are really short (silver handle) and really accurate. Only concern is that its very stiff and kinda noisy
My question is, will it get nosier and less stiff after some time?

And i went ahead and put the shift stops in like it said

Its pretty late and i got work tommorow morning
I will post pics tommorow :)

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Idk if this is any help bc I have the t-3650, but for me, it is not noisy at all and it definitely loosened up after a week or so. Also, I didnt have to use any shift stops... (3650)

·
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue
643 Posts
better get used to the noise. it's how it is with all after market shifters. noise will stay same.

as far as stiffness go's, it will get became less stiff after about a few weeks. and fully broken in after around 10k miles. or so it did in my case with my TRI-AX shifter,

·
Registered
72 Posts
You have to realize that you cut the boot underneath to fit the shifter through. (Pro 5.0) Alot of people don't consider it but that definitely dampens the noise. Yeah the shifter has a tighter feel than the stock. when setting your stoppers. turn the car on and have a wrench. set the stopper until it wont go into first. then twist the stopper out and press until it barely goes into gear. and then take it out of gear and put it back into let the clutch out if it pops out of gear move the stopper a tad further out and repeat until it barely goes in but doesnt pop out. sometimes if its adjusted properly if not competely pressed in it will pop out but you get used to it. and repeat process for second gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts