Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed it today, it took about 1 hour start to finish, very simple, a toddler could do it.

As everyone has said, it is very tight, and hopefully it will loosen up a bit, but if not that's ok too. I am pleased with it, but on my first attempt to make a hard 2-3 shift, I missed. Which is odd, because I had gotten pretty good at making that shift with the stock shifter. Maybe it will just take some seat time. I definately recommend the MGW as far as qaulity goes, but I'll have to have more time with it to determine whether it is better than the Tri-ax, or 5.0.

·
Registered
994 Posts
yea i tested it in my friends mach1 and it took me a second just to get it into reverese i didnt think i was over enough lol

edit: he did tell me 3 days later it losened up a LITTLE bit

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those of you with a 3650, did you remove the shift stops? I sure did. It said that Tremec does not recommend having them, so I figured if Tremec doesn't want me to use them, then I won't.

·
Banned
169 Posts
you get any pics? took me a while with my Pro5.0 to get 2-3 down right.

i hate the 5th gear though...Ford should have positioned the tranny about 3 inches towards the driver side, then it would have been perfect.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you get any pics? took me a while with my Pro5.0 to get 2-3 down right.

i hate the 5th gear though...Ford should have positioned the tranny about 3 inches towards the driver side, then it would have been perfect.
No, I didn't get any pictures of this one. Sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts