Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me If the MGW Shifter is easy to install? It looks easy on the DVD but I'm just wondering about what other people think?

·
Registered
318 Posts
MGW

I didn't think it was too bad a job, but I did have the car on a lift. The instructions on the DVD are pretty great, if you take your time, it isn't a bad job at all.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't have a lift, what If I get a set of ramps vs jackstands? I love the way the shifter looks and feels. I'm excited about getting it installed. I have Kooks headers on the way.:D

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I just put mine in last weekend.... be careful of the spot weld points above the drive shaft.... they are sharp as a tac... I just jacked the front of the car up and put it on jack stands... plenty of room... Had the dvd in my laptop under the car and it was spot on. I would say it was easy... I didn't have the racheting box end 10mm and that would have made it even easier...Good luck.. and you will love the shifter... I set mine to 5 turns

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
+1:lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
+1

Did mine on jack stands as well. Wasn't bad at all. Got mine set to 10 turns . . . instructions say that 12 is the max . . . but there was some text on the actual shifting mechanism that said that 10 was the max . . . I stuck with 10 to be on the safe side.

You will love this shifter.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
How's the shifter in regards to the height inside the car. Is it standard or is it higher than standard.

Thats the beauty of this shifter, you can have it higher or lower than the stock shifter hight, I have mine at its highest setting since it makes the shifts more smooth... but I'm not gonna get into physics as to why

1 - 13 of 13 Posts