Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in directions that the 3650 trans in the 01 cobra already has stops built into the trans itself. So my question is did anyone with the 3650 use the stops that come with the shifter or just not use them? thanks for the help. not sure if I asked it right...

·
Registered
387 Posts
yeah the guy i got my stang from left them in and it would pop out of 1st, 3rd, and 5th if you let up on the gas.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
do not use them! it can damage the tranny

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the install tonight it was quite easy. I took the stops out. It is a complete night and day between stock and the mgw piece. Now to decide what shift knob to get... :S

Thanks again for the help. I wasn't completely sure because it said you could use them but you ran risk of damaging it if you didn't have them set wrong

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
yup, glad you like it . now just wait about two weeks that baby will break in then it will be twice as good. its very tight for a while but it will loosen up and shifting will be so great. it improved my daily driving on top of my racing.

·
Registered
599 Posts
2 questions are you saying not to use both stock and aftermarket stops. or just dont use the aftermarket ones? and where is the best place to get the MGW from?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can only get mgw shifters from mgw ltd. and the shifter comes with stops and if you have the 3650 or t56 you don't use the stops because it has internal stops in the tranny itself.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
just unscrew the stops on the mgw shifter, take them out completely. the tranny has internal stops already so the use of both can be damaging to your tranny and pop out of gear while driving .. etc..

Mustang Short Throw Shifter

·
Registered
1 Posts
yup, glad you like it . now just wait about two weeks that baby will break in then it will be twice as good. its very tight for a while but it will loosen up and shifting will be so great. it improved my daily driving on top of my racing.
I live in knoxville and work in alcoa. I just installed mgw in my car and have a ton of slop and was wondering if you could come look at it and see if this is normal or not. I would gladly bring it to you. 2006 mustang gt. I work with Ben Loope, another mustang owner you may know. My name is Eddie Miles and would appreciate a call any time at 865-661-9119

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I live in knoxville and work in alcoa. I just installed mgw in my car and have a ton of slop and was wondering if you could come look at it and see if this is normal or not. I would gladly bring it to you. 2006 mustang gt. I work with Ben Loope, another mustang owner you may know. My name is Eddie Miles and would appreciate a call any time at 865-661-9119
:2cents
I'd suggest sending info like this in a PM and deleting this post, rather than putting your personal info out in the public like this.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Iam glad I read this actually didnt know we had interal shift stops on t56s learn something knew ever day. But why comeplety remove them when you can just have then set or unscrewed to the point where they are touching the shifter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts