Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MGW shifter arrived a few days ago and I intend to install it this Weekend. Since the shifter throw is adjustable and I really don't know where I should set it (I am guessing the shortest throw possible is best) I would like any suggestions regarding this before I begin. Also does anyone know if it can be changed after the shifter is installed.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
It can be changed after install. it just needs to be unbolted from the tranny...Start off at 4 5 turns and let it break in...alot of ppl who have gone the full 10 turns have found out its to short and have backed them off...im a 7 turns myself...and Lu Lu is at 1 turn...its up to you though in the end...enjoy! its a kick ass shifter!!!

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
The adjustability depends on your driving style, it takes a while to find your best setting, but once you find it, you'll love it... and who doesn't like wrenching on their car from time to time :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
i just put mine on last night... i set it to 7 turns and to me it feels like a bit much for now at least. you may want to consider setting it to 4-5 turns for now and readjusting later when/if the time comes that you want shorter. nonetheless it is awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts