Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some gears off corral a week or two ago and just now opened the box. turns out they're micro polished frpp's. Would this be good or bad? I dont know anything about it and what type of benefit or negatives it has.

·
Registered
17 Posts
they're good. the micro polish allows for super low friction and therefore less frictional parasitic horsepower loss. not sure AT ALL about this but you might need different differential fluid.... just do a quick search or something on that

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're good. the micro polish allows for super low friction and therefore less frictional parasitic horsepower loss. not sure AT ALL about this but you might need different differential fluid.... just do a quick search or something on that
I google searched it and couldn't find anything at all about them. stupid google. All I could find was people selling them/for sale adds, and judgeing by that i got a good deal. but hopefully someone that uses them chimes in.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My 4.10's were those. They're also Motives, so they did make a little noise. The main thing I had issues with were that when we went to put the ring gear on, it fell straight onto the trac-lock, which was a bit unnerving, but the runout checked OK. Typically, they have to be pulled onto the carrier, but these just fell on.

The same thing applied to the pinion flange, it just slid straight on with barely any resistance. I was happy when I took them out, to be honest.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well these are frpp's so hopefully they dont just fall right on. I agree that'd make me worry a bit.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Mine were FRPP's as well....... Well, they're Motives that FRPP put in their box.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine were FRPP's as well....... Well, they're Motives that FRPP put in their box.
does that mean I have some motives as well then? if so I'll be reselling them i dont want anything other than a ford gear in my car.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how can I tell?

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
i cant remember correctly but the part number will tell you. i think if it has an M at the end or something like that theyre motives but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked them over and the only marking on the gear is a ford racing stamp on the ring gear, and a few numbers on the pinion gear.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only number i see is 10090-10x41.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they didn't come in the original box i bought them used

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I'm gonna find some that are made from us gear. I dont want any whine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts