Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i was looking into getting a mid muffler setup but the only one out for my car is a Pypes system, which sounds like glasspacks..... :puke

I talked to a couple muffler shops and theytold me if i found a set of universal round mufflers with a 3 1/2in to 4in diameter they should work. So i went to Jegs.com and found a few. Dont know too much about the companies/mufflers i found, so any input would be great.

Companies:

Dynomax 4in
Moroso 4in
Patriot 3 1/2in
Slp Loudmouths 4in
Stainless Works 3 1/2in

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry but imo the pypes exhaust sounds pretty good look it up in youtube search " 2011 mustang v6 pypes " click on the video of the white 11' stang not the grabber blue one she has like 4 videos of it they sound really good there is another video of a red stang he has custom made piping with the pypes m80 mufflers (the same as the catback for our cars, ( I can't post the link bcuz I'm in my phone)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but imo the pypes exhaust sounds pretty good look it up in youtube search " 2011 mustang v6 pypes " click on the video of the white 11' stang not the grabber blue one she has like 4 videos of it they sound really good there is another video of a red stang he has custom made piping with the pypes m80 mufflers (the same as the catback for our cars, ( I can't post the link bcuz I'm in my phone)

Will do. I heard a few and they sound good at idle, but the problem is high rpms riding. Then it starts to sound like glass packs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
THIS IS THE ONE THAT SOUNDS UGLY(BUT THATS BECAUSE THE CAMERA)

THESE ARE THE ONES IM TALKING ABOUT

and HERE IS THE ONE WITH STOCK PIPING JUST PYPES MID MUFFLERS (M80S)

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey i listened to them all. They sound pretty dope. Ill prob go with just the mufflers for sure. But, the fact they are 4" round kinda opens my range of mufflers.

Side note: Looking at your sig, you put ur getting a Pypes mid muffler "AND" Roush axelbacks. Why 2 muffs?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
why do you people want to do midmuffler?

whats wrong this just throwing them in the back? better sound imo

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey i listened to them all. They sound pretty dope. Ill prob go with just the mufflers for sure. But, the fact they are 4" round kinda opens my range of mufflers.

Side note: Looking at your sig, you put ur getting a Pypes mid muffler "AND" Roush axelbacks. Why 2 muffs?
No I meant pypes mid muffler catback OR roush axle backs can't decide yet

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why do you people want to do midmuffler?

whats wrong this just throwing them in the back? better sound imo
It has a deeper tone for us V6 guys if the mufflers are under the ride. Truth be told, im gonna knock the mufflers off mine and see what it sounds like. Ive heard a few muffler deletes on stock 11 6s, but none with the mods i have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts