Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought id post some pics up of my weekend:yes

i had a blast but i had a bolt come loose from the caliper and the caliper came loose on the passenger side and it burnt up my pads and actually melted the dust boots on my calipers and must have melted the o rings on the caliper pistons because it was squirting out of the melted dust boots. my instructor said time for cobra brakes and some slicks because i was driving the car over its limit :eek: otherwise i believe i had a decent weekend for my gt. with boiled brakes and overheated pads along with street tires i received a 2:02 lap around mid-Ohio on the club circuit. :D i was keeping up with the porche guys and woopin up on all of the mazda and honda guys but the corvettes and there was a saleen challenger driving circles around me.
heres some pics of my car and one of dads. ill have more posted up later on

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Looks like it was awesome fun! That Rabbit looks like it was right on top of you in picture 12. Also, is that your S197 with the tiger racing hood and full cage with American Iron printed on it?

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it was awesome fun! That Rabbit looks like it was right on top of you in picture 12. Also, is that your S197 with the tiger racing hood and full cage with American Iron printed on it?
in the beginning of the first day that car was passing me but that was the warmup lap for my last session and my brakes were already burnt up. i actually melted the dustboots and everything on the caliper. but i ran away from him after that picture. and yes thats my dads s197 he got 2nd fastest laptime for the weekend.

when i get my gfs computer fixxed ill add some more hopefully tonight

·
5,502 Posts
in the beginning of the first day that car was passing me but that was the warmup lap for my last session and my brakes were already burnt up. i actually melted the dustboots and everything on the caliper. but i ran away from him after that picture. and yes thats my dads s197 he got 2nd fastest laptime for the weekend.

when i get my gfs computer fixxed ill add some more hopefully tonight
Those things can be quick little buggers. What are your mods, if you don't mind my asking? Shoot me a PM if you'd rather not clog up this thread.

Who got the first fastest lap time? Also, was this just for fun or was he (or you) competing? The other racers in the picture of your dad's car look really hardcore!

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is a place for conversation its fine. all that i have on the red car is an intake but the American iron racecar has the intake exhaust built engine with everything but stroked and its had the griggs suspension on it but the hubs and brakes upgraded. also gutted with 1 race seat. shes a masterpeice. robin burnet(multiple time champ) recieved 1st in a built steeda 2011 mustang and had the fast laptime. hes an amazing driver but i think we are doing very well for just going through our 4th race weekend. dad drives the s197 i drive the new edge and he races im in schooling. my dad races against mainly other mustangs but camaros and transams and other muscle cars.

·
5,502 Posts
Very cool stuff. How long have you been doing road courses? And by "I'm in schooling" do you mean he's teaching you how to drive or that you're an instructor?

Also, I was mostly asking about suspension mods, so I don't know if you meant that the only thing done to the (01-04) red car was the intake or if you left off the good stuff by accident. It looks from the picture in your sig like it's got non-stock springs and different rims/tires at least.

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im the student i guess you can say. this is my second weekendand nasa assigns an instructor to you for the weekend, my car is stock it has the steeda graphics and wheels that i run on the street but i ran the stock gt wheels and some nankings for tires except for a few sessions i ran the street tires on the back for a little more grip. she gets squirly overtop of the hills. it had stock brakes this weekend but i just bought the pads and my new cobra calipers and rotors are on their way to napa from philly right now. i ruined both my calipers this weekend. and boiled them and im completely dot 4 fluid too. might be time to go to 5.1 if these calipers boil also. i really want to lower the car but i cant afford to atm. this winter i plan to get adjustable struts for the front and some ford racing springs all around. i also may get slicks by the next time i go to the track. depends if we move dads car from toyo ra1 to hoosiers

·
MoM Fanatic
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the rest of the pics as promised the black and blue mustang #34 is jeff wood that owns the local dealerships around here. we usually end up at the same races.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts