Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Any thing that doesn't say specifically a shorty midpipe or midlength midpipe should bolt up to your manifolds

·
Registered
443 Posts
shorties are the same length as your stock exhaust manifolds..... if u have factory exhaust manifolds then any midpipe will work

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mac prochamber is the only one that works/need

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Dude any mid pipe will work for a 99-04 2v. As long as you dont get one that says SHORTY, those only fit mustangs with long tube headers,

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
And yes shortys are the same length and same as your stock manifolds except each port has its own tube and not all 4 ports going into one pipe, shortys and stock manifold use same mid pipe.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i was asking if the shorty headers and stock mani are the same lenght sorry for the confusion. So i can get a mid pipe that says shorty or anything else just not longtube?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
****. I know what works on what and you people have thoroughly confused the ****ing **** out of me! :wtf

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Shorty headers fit STOCK and aftermarket full size midpipe

Mid Length headers-NEW midpipe STOCK WONT WORK

Full Lenght headers - NEw midpipe STOCK WONT WORK

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
No. If the midpipe is advertised as a "shorty midpipe" than shorty refers to the length of the midpipe not the headers. So a shorty midpipe is shorter than the stock midpipe, which is so that it can be paired with longtube headers.

Ex : BBK Shorty H-Pipe (96-04 Off-Road) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

This BBK midpipe is a "shorty H midpipe" therefore it will only work with longtube headers
Sometimes that is not always the case though. It depends on the website. Just make sure whatever you buy says "will work with stock manifolds and shorty headers" If you are usure, call the company you are buying through and ask them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts