Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k guys wondering in your opinions what mid pipe i should get. i live in California so i will be running smog legal shorties and when it comes time to smog i will have to put the cats back on. so i will need a cated mid pipe that i can bolt up to my dual exhaust. is there a cated mid pipe they sell or is it easier to have my stock y pipe cut and reflanged to fit up to my dual exhaust? also in your opinions what is a good mid pipe. i know that some people say the mac prochamber is the best but i have seen the pypes x-pipe and the mac h-pipe. so i was wondering whats the best is it something i've listed or is there another i'm missing?

·
Registered
374 Posts
just get your stock Y pipe cut to be made into a true dual setup, if im not mistaken **correct me if im wrong** but you can buy high flow cats and still pass emissions..

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
get an h-pipe and have high flow cats welded in

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Have a muffler shop Custom make you an exhaust AFTER you cats. They will most likely do that anyway since its illegal in ANY state to remove or GUT out a Cat, not to mention gutting the cat can cause cancer

point is from the cat back they will weld you a dual exhaust and do away with the y pipe
set you up with mufflers and no the muffler will not anyway make you fail emissions, your cats will still be there to catch any of the 5 harmful toxic chemicals that they test for

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
might i suggest looking at a pypes H pipe with cats in it... i know they make one though its a little pricey and then get a cat back of your choice

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know all that guys i just want to know how hard it will be to mod my y pipe to true dual and then what is a good balance pipe to get. which is the best for the v6. no cops gonna check me for cats and when it comes time for me to smog ill lift the car and unbolt the mid pipe and bolt the cats back on.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
... if price is an issue just run straight pipes... other wise there is not that much difference between mid pipes on an even firing motor... and if you wanted to I think americanmuscle.com or v6mustangstuff.com has a Y pipe conversion kit... if you wanted to look into those

1 - 7 of 7 Posts