Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will mid pipes such as xpipes/hpipes that are not specified as being able to fit on a v6 be able to? Without being bent etc?

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
i dunno... SSStang had one on his, and when i redo my exhaust ill be putting one on mine. its always easier and cheaper to get a shop to fab you up and exhaust though. our cars dont need mid pipes and will be fine with running divorced duals. some actually prefer it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realise this because our cars fire evenly. But it still seems to effect the sound/tone our exhaust makes. Is prochamber the way to go?

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
i personally like the sound of a prochamber mid pipe, and its not done often... most common you will find are either divorced duals or h-pipe. the h will put a lil deeper tone. x-pipe is a no no... it will add a raspyness to your exhaust.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Mostly. As said, if you get a shop to fab it up, they should be able to make it work. If you get long tubes, get a shorty mid pipe and your choice of mufflers, i prefer flow 40's, I'll let Vengance tell you otherwise... bring all that to a shop and they will weld it up and should be able to provide the piping and tips.

·
Banned
636 Posts
:yes.....
You dont know that for sure. Unless you have that same exact setup. I just had my LTs put in and used a BBK catted shorty H pipe and it had to be hand bent a little bit to get it to align with the headers.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
You dont know that for sure. Unless you have that same exact setup. I just had my LTs put in and used a BBK catted shorty H pipe and it had to be hand bent a little bit to get it to align with the headers.
With what Headers? BBK I'm pretty sure does not make LT's for our cars, so you missed matched brands, which is why it didn't line up.

·
Banned
636 Posts
With what Headers? BBK I'm pretty sure does not make LT's for our cars, so you missed matched brands, which is why it didn't line up.
I understand that I mis-matched brands. However is the mac prochamber made for V6s or V8s? From what I can tell its supposed to be made for both. people mis-match exhaust parts all the time, most are made pretty close to each other and usually do need a little tweeking to fit.

And yes I meant hand bent, mine was hand bent to fit. Maybe like 1/2" or so. I have the MAC Long tubes btw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts