Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Well, considering there is no such thing as an aftermarket head for mod motors, yes.

Changing cams, and leaving the stock heads is regular practice amoung mod motor enthusiasts.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Well, considering there is no such thing as an aftermarket head for mod motors, yes.

Changing cams, and leaving the stock heads is regular practice amoung mod motor enthusiasts.
WTF is an Editor???

You can leave your heads stock and replace the cams. You just won't reach the full potential of you engine or cams w/o heads.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
323 Posts
if you dont plan on going that big just get new cams and springs and port and polish the stock heads thats what i plan to do around the end of summer

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ok so back on topic...

Yes you can replaces your cams without replacing the heads. With that said, its not as easy as it was with the old pushrod motors. You can't just slide out an old cam and slide a new one in. You have to pull all pullies and accesories from the front end, remove valve covers, and remove timing cover to get to the cams. Since you've gone that far, you might as well pull the manifolds/headers and pull the heads to have them ported and polished. But that part is definatly not necessary, just an added bonus

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well hopefully he will get on this post pretty soon here. you think it would be worth it? would it give me a good edge?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yes it is definitely worth it...its going to be expensive but you'll love it. I can't give you numbers because its all in what your objective is. Cams vary depending on your application. While your deciding on your cam setup, keep in mind what you want your future mod's to be. In other words, if you one day plan to go f/i set your cams up for that mod.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts