Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a 4 eyed fox on the side of the road and i decided to take a look at it. Not sure on the year but it has an inline 6 with an automatic (both would soon be replaced). Any areas of which i should check out for rust? any common problems with these cars? Also, i am pretty sure that it already has an 8.8" in it. The car just needs brakes (so they say) to be drivable. Says 1200 on the windshield and i called the lady and she said 1000, but i bet i can get them down to 800.

·
Run What You Brung
706 Posts
Floorboards, upper hatch area if equipped, torque boxes, lower radiator support, inner frail rails leadeng to said lower support, rear shock mounts, and up around the cowl are the first places I check.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Two things I want to point out
1. Factory rear end would have been 7.5 I'm pretty sure

2. I believe the straight 6 stangs are the only ones that won't take a V8 unless you change the k member to a 4cyl or V8 k-member

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
And by needs brakes I bet they mean all the lines are rusted which means there may be more rust to follow. Me personally I would pass on this one

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Pictures ????

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brake lines are fine from what i could see. the pads on the front are toast though and it may need rotors. looked like a solid car. I would drive the car for a little while first until i finished the 2000. I would most likely upgrade to a tubular k as well. The car is just so solid and i could most likely get it for only $800.

Only pic i have for now:

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
If its from nc all its life, chances are there is very little rust. Its just an old car that needs some tlc. Id jump on it, but I cant see your pic either tho.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Unless you just want a project and have money to blow I would say keep looking. Foxes are cheap, you might as well start out with a good platform like having a 302 and 8.8. You can find an 87-93 for not much more than that.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Im not sure what year that is, all i can say is its between 1979-1982. Which seems to be the odd ball years of the foxbody ( i dont mean that in a bad way, it just seems like theres a lot more differences between those 4 years and all the others), but its still a nice car, almost any thing you want to do or upgrade from newer foxbodys should swap over with little or no modds. Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Drop an LS1 in that thing and you're set.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts